Lowest prices for your stay
$73
ubermin
Seattle, Washington
Great location walkable from Kyoto Station
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 30, 2019
This place was very easy to find, a straight shot walking south from the station. You can also walk to Fushimi Inari, not saying it's super close but it is a pleasant walk through neighborhoods & even along canal if you want.

The room was cute, comfortable, awesome for my needs. I can see how 2 people with lots of luggage might feel squeezed but maybe the hotel has bigger rooms for people who want to pay more, not sure. Not me. I want to pay the least & be in a small room. I put "do not disturb" sign because I didn't want my room made up. They still left a bag of new towels & bottled water which was very nice. I stayed in other similar price range rooms and Hotel Anteroom has the most comfortable mattress so it gets my vote.
Date of stay: March 2019
    $163
    $181
2.3 miles from Hotel Anteroom Kyoto
Restaurant
スタンダードツイン-エグゼクティブフロア  Standard Twin-Executive Floor (10F)
$96
    $97
    $99
1.1 miles from Hotel Anteroom Kyoto
View more hotels in Kyoto
All reviews an art gallery college dorm stylish rooms first floor wooden bathtub convenience store comfortable hotel lobby laundry yen pros cons sakura
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

I recently stayed at Anteroom while on a graduate school trip with about 15 of my classmates (two people per room). My roommate and I stayed in two different rooms while we were there and loved them both! Both rooms were super cute, well designed, and high tech. They each had their own unique style and layout. The first one also had an amazing view of the city, and the second one had a back porch lounge area that would be perfect for entertaining a few friends or just relaxing on a nice night.

The hotel bar downstairs is actually a great little bar that is much better than most hotel bars, and the perfect end to a long day. In the morning, we ate breakfast at the hotel and were very happy with the options they offered each day. The hotel manager, Masako, led my group on a private tour of local temples down the Philosopher's Path, and could not have been more friendly, helpful, and generous with her time. I would absolutely recommend Hotel Anteroom to any of my friends, but is more than nice enough for parents or people of any age looking to escape the corporate hotel experience.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank eaaronross
Reviewed November 13, 2018

The room was very cute and clean. Breakfast was also great with a choice to 3 options along with a bar. Fushimi Inari-taisha is a 15 minute walk as well. The only complaint I have is that the pillows are very stiff and not very comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Natalie D
Reviewed November 7, 2018

I chose room 656 and the room was beautifully designed. Service was perfect and the staff were very polite. Even with a little language barrier (English versus Japanese), the staff members tried their best to help us with our needs. Moreover, breakfast was very good on all 3 days!

Room tip: the artistic rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Not far neither close to main Kyoto station, this lovely hotel is very friendly, modern designed and well maintained. The breakfast is superb. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The only thing that we didn’t like is the tiny room, where we couldn’t find a place for our suitcases- and we had only 2 medium and one trolley.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DBC53
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

So glad that i found this hotel. Around 15 minutes from kyoto station (walking distance), and 5 minutes walking from kyoto terrsa (meeting area). The room is so artsy & clean. The art exhibition on the 1st floor is so lovely. There’s a free bike rental too.
The thing i love the most is the breakfast. Healthy. I just stayed for 3 days but they changed the breakfast everyday. So it’s not boring, and super delicious too.
Staffs are really nice too.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Date of stay: October 2018