“Clean and Simple room,Quiet place”

Guesthouse Jiyu-jin
Ranked #48 of 279 Specialty lodging in Kyoto
Tokyo, Japan
“Clean and Simple room,Quiet place”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Close to subway station.Its not far from Kyto station.
I stayed Dom.
Its simple,small room but space is enough for just a sleeping.
There is located residential areas.so quiet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I would NOT recommend this hostel to anyone..I paid for 2 nites..and when..I told them..that I would ONLY stay one nite because I was staying with my friend Miki in her home in Kyoto..they would not refund my money for the 2nd nite..this is unacceptable.I have stayed in various hotels in ..US..and MExico..and if I dont stay..what I pay for..I am refunded the money.without any questions..asked.they also.ONLY have one washing machine..and no vending machines to get drinks..if you are thirsty.you have to go outside and buy one...It is also extremely hard to find..and I wasnt offered a map when I left the premises..I am MExican..I dont speak Japanese..dont stay here...!!!.I GAVE 2 PTS..because it is at least clean..!

Room Tip: I dont want to say anything bad..I have said enough
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Marta E
Saitama Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at Jiyuujin for 3 nights in August 2011. It's easily accessible from Kyoto Station on foot and you can travel to different parts of Kyoto from there without any difficulties.

This guesthouse was established in 2010, so the furniture is still in a great condition. Not only the rooms, but the whole interior is immaculately clean and you will be able to relax after a day of walking around Kyoto. You can connect to the Internet by Wi-Fi or you can borrow a LAN cable at the reception. There's a TV, a microwave oven, a fridge, a kitchen, a PC, and a hair-dryer available for use in the common room, where you can hang out with others.

The reception is closed from 11 AM to 4 PM, but if you ask the staff, they will tell you the code for the door lock. If you plan to check-in during this time, tell the staff beforehand. At the time of checking out, you can keep your luggage at the reception and pick it up in the evening.

Last but not least, the staff is excellent and very friendly. Sayaka, the main receptionist at the time when I stayed there, went out of her way and gave me a hand-drawn map of the neighborhood with supermarkets, convenience stores, restaurants, etc. She was a great person to chat with.

I intend to stay at Jiyuujin again the next time I travel to Kyoto.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank mahkun
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at Guesthouse Jiyu-jin for 3 nights at the end of October 2011. When we first arrived in Kyoto, it was a bit of a challenge looking for the guesthouse, because it didn't have any obvious signs on the outside and was located on a side street. The guesthouse is about 12 minutes from JR Kyoto Station on foot.

Inside the guesthouse, the staff were extremely friendly and the place is incredibly clean. Staff members, Sayaka and Nori, were very welcoming and gave us a hand-drawn map of the neighbourhood, which had restaurants, subway stations, and grocery stores. We were very delighted to find out that we were the first Canadians to stay at Jiyu-jin!

The Twin Room we stayed in had a bunk bed and enough floor space to put our luggage. The room doors have an automatic locking mechanism, so be sure to have your keys on you. The shared showers, toilets, sinks and kitchen were very clean. Overall, we were very impressed with the staff and the relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kix24
HONG KONG
Reviewed November 5, 2011

So lucky to get a room during Kyoto's peak season despite of last-minute booking. JIyu-Jin offers comfy accommodation at a very reasonable price, which is really hard to find in Kyoto. The single room I stayed was spotless & quiet. You will feel like as if you were staying in your relative's house with your privacy respected. Its common room has a kitchenette with toaster-oven/microwave/large fridge, PC & TV. You can also use its self laundry at 200yen/service, or if going further economical can rent a bath towel at 150yen/pc. As the reception may close for 11am -- 4pm, you will have to inform the staff in advance (preferably at a time of booking) if you want to drop in or pick up your baggage during these hours. I already plan to come back with my family next time...!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ggm_hk
Kyoto
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I came here from Kyoto rail station having no idea where to go Kyoto rail station having no idea where to go. I met one nice lady and she gave me this address. Hard to describe what Ifelt when I held the piece of paper in my hand. Once I arrived at the paper in my hand. Once I arrived at the place I was just happy. The staff is unbelievable, especially for westeners,,, so helpful and the interior is kept 100 percent clean, I totally recommend the place for visitors. The price is good given the guesthouse is located directly in the downtown or being too precise max. 5 minutes walk from there. Of course the size of room is smaller comparing to western counterparts but this is Japan. Unless you are too picky, this is a superb value. uesthouse offers discount with extended stay as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AdrianKyoto
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Only 10-min walk from Kyoto station (or 1 subway station away), this guesthouse is located in the center of Kyoto city, where you can go sightseeing or shopping conveniently.
They just opened in Oct 2010, so everything is new and clean. I stayed in a twin room with my sister and was 3600yen/person/night. The bed was big and comfy!
Shower rooms and toilets are shared with other guests and you are free to use the 2-in-1 shampoo, body soap and cleansing facewash.
They have just enough equipment to cook such as pans, plates, seasonings, toaster, microwave and ricecooker etc. There are also free coffee and tea.
You can watch TV, use internet or gather some sightseeing info and meet new friends in the public room.
Their staff is kind and friendly.They can store your luggage before check-in and after check-out.
For travelers on budget, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family