Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$52
View deal
Booking.com$57
Hotels.com$52
Priceline$64
Orbitz.com$52
CheapTickets$52
Destinia.com$104
All reviews minute walk good size hotel is located hotel chain tea coffee checking in a lovely stay the hotel is clean excellent location station train japan convenience buses
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Excellent hotel in a quiet spot a few minutes walk from Kyoto station. Rooms and lobby far better than expected from a three star and extremely accommodating service. Easy to access downtown Kyoto and historical sights by subway, bus, taxi or a walk. Excellent price considering it was peak season.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
KyotoHachijyoDRH, 支配人 at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kyoto hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kyoto-Hachijoguchi.

We are happy to hear that you found our location convenient, and our front desk helpful. We are looking forward to serving you again if you visit Kyoto another time in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Hotel clean, close to station for both train and bus transport. Room small and double bed pushed against the wall making it hard for one person to get out of bed. Only one bedside table and light, again making it difficult it wanting to read in bed. When I asked for a second light I was informed there was none. Asked for another room with two single beds for easier access and again was told no unless I wanted to pay more for an upgrade. Breakfasts reasonably priced and good.

Room tip: Ask for twin beds.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KyotoHachijyoDRH, 支配人 at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kyoto hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Thank you for taking time for your comment. We are always confident with the breakfast. We are very afraid about the fact that we could not prepare twin room for you. We are looking forward to serving you again if you visit Kyoto another time in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in Aug 2016.
I love staying this hotel from the first step I walked into it. My wife and I came early in the morning with 2 luggages and was warmly greeted by a lady reception staff. She helped me store my luggages and provided me with all the tourist information that I wanted. She also proactively approached me to see if I needed any further assistance. Thank you, lady.
The hotel is located in a quite area in close proximity, less than 10 mins. walk, to the Kyoto Station from where you can take all sorts of public transportation to visit Kyoto and nearby areas. We slept well after our day time excursions. A great plus!
The room is spacious by Japanese standards. The bed is clean and comfy; and everything inside was neat and tidy. Another plus is that the hotel provides a small mirror which enables my wife to do her makeup comfortably. The hotel may consider allowing the air conditioning inside the room to run continuously because the maid always shut it down after tidying the room. Every time on my return from outside, I need to wait for a while to allow the room temperature to coor down.
The hotel serves very delicious buffet breakfast with different themes each day such that residents can taste different foods everyday. It would be better if the hotel could provide jams in small packs rather than using a bottle jams.
I will definitely stay in hotel of this chain on my future trips. And as a matter of fact, I have joined their loyalty programme.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank hksarman8
KyotoHachijyoDRH, 支配人 at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kyoto hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2016

We are happy to hear that you found our location convenient, breakfast and our front desk helpful. We are always confident with the cleanliness of our rooms. However, we need to consider about the air-conditioner in the guest rooms as you mentioned. Thank you again. We are looking forward to serving you again if you visit Kyoto another time in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

All of the staff at the hotel were fantastic and did everything to help us when needed. They all spoke very good English and were easy to speak to about must see places to visit in Kyoto. The room was clean and the setup was practical for two very large suitcases. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank arturb250

Thank you for staying with us at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kyoto-Hachijoguchi.

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience with your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our location, the quality of our rooms and the service of our staffs. We look forward to seeing you when you come to Kyoto again. Thank you.

Reviewed July 31, 2016

My sister and I stayed here while we were in Kyoto. The staff was welcoming and the hotel and room were very clean. The room was small, but we just needed a safe and clean place to sleep, so that was fine. The hotel provides you with any toiletries you may have forgotten and was just a couple blocks' walk from the train station. Very reasonably priced, too!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank RobinC2821

Thank you very much for staying with us at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kyoto-Hachijoguchi.
We are so glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a comment about your stay
We look forward to seeing you in Kyoto again.