“love it!”
Review of Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto Hana Hostel
Ranked #17 of 371 Specialty lodging in Kyoto
Reviewed December 7, 2013

only 5- 7 minutes from Kyoto Station, the location is good, easy to find. We love everything about this hostel...its clean, safe and warm. This is the first time we stay in a hostel and we love it....thank you to Yoshiko and her friends...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Asmah T

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Only few minutes from Kyoto station, this hostel gave a very strong impression to me right when I stepped into its doors. I was required to take off my shoes, wear Japanese slippers (which was soft, light and so comfortable). Even the kitchen was small but well equipped with all essential kitchenette tools. The staffs were ones of the best I had ever seen. I also loved the wooden dorm beds with curtain which gave me some private space whenever I would like to. I would be back there in my next trip to Japan.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kiet Q
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I'm very happy with the twin ensuite room that we got.
Because the futon could be folded when we are not sleeping, we felt the room is spacious enough for us to use. Moreover, the bathroom and toilet is separated! what could you expect more with this budget. Wifi is available in the room which we really appreciate that. The washing machine and dryers could support much bigger load compare to a hotel we stayed at Tokyo.

Close to Yodobashi Kyoto (shopping mall) where you could spend your night shopping when most of the attraction in Kyoto is closed. Many good restaurant nearby as well.
Receptionists are very friendly and helpful.

The only bad thing is no lift and we need to rent the towel, however not going to cause me to give a bad rating for this hostel.

Room Tip: happy with the twin room ensuite
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hana hostel is one of the best hostels I've ever been in (and I have been all over Europe). My wife and I got a double en-suite room, and enjoyed it more than some cheap hotels we've been in Japan. The cleanliness is perfect, the room is quiet and quite large, and the staff is very friendly and always there to help. The common room and kitchen are homey and very well equipped. Let's not forget the location, which is very central and close to Kyoto Station, and yet quiet.. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Rooms: The rooms were clean and fresh sheets are put out for your bed. The rooms are not big, but there is enough room for a few bags of luggage and to lay down when you sleep

Staff: There is only praise and good things to be said about the staff at Hana Hostel. My sister and I needed to ship some luggage ahead to Narita Airport and we were having trouble communication with the woman at 711. I ran back to Hana Hostel and asked for help. The woman at the desk called the 711 and told me what information I needed to give the woman at 711. She really saved the day! Thank you!

Laundry: I did not do laundry here, but you can

Kitchen / Living room: This is shared space. There kitchen has a toaster any one can use, a shared fridge, sink and plates. Always nice!

Bathrooms: You can get a room with a shared public bathroom or get a private room with your own toilet or/and bath. Anyone can use the public bathroom at any time.

We had a great stay here and would defiantly come back again.

Room Tip: No bad choice of room when you Stay at Hana Hostel Top floor is nice No elevator, you have to go u...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

hana hostel is really one of the best hostels i have ever booked. very nice staff (they speak english well! english, i tell you!), cozy japanese rooms, good athmosphere, awesome location in the middle of the city... honestly, cannot ask for more, and in a very low price. if you arrive to kyoto this is totally the place you should book.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at quad room with double-decker beds. The room was very comfy and very near to kitchen, bathroom and toilet. Bonus credit for us. Not very far from kyoto station, about 5 minutes walking, very easy to find also on our first time visit to kyoto as well. We love hana hostel, and will definitely come here again or other hana hostel branches on our next visit. The staffs were also very nice and friendly. They can speak english very well, so we did not have any communication problem. Thank you very much for the kind hospitality during our stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends