“Great private rooms in a friendly place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto Hana Hostel
Ranked #11 of 279 Specialty lodging in Kyoto
Beersheba, Israel
“Great private rooms in a friendly place!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hana hostel is one of the best hostels I've ever been in (and I have been all over Europe). My wife and I got a double en-suite room, and enjoyed it more than some cheap hotels we've been in Japan. The cleanliness is perfect, the room is quiet and quite large, and the staff is very friendly and always there to help. The common room and kitchen are homey and very well equipped. Let's not forget the location, which is very central and close to Kyoto Station, and yet quiet.. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Walnut Creek
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Rooms: The rooms were clean and fresh sheets are put out for your bed. The rooms are not big, but there is enough room for a few bags of luggage and to lay down when you sleep

Staff: There is only praise and good things to be said about the staff at Hana Hostel. My sister and I needed to ship some luggage ahead to Narita Airport and we were having trouble communication with the woman at 711. I ran back to Hana Hostel and asked for help. The woman at the desk called the 711 and told me what information I needed to give the woman at 711. She really saved the day! Thank you!

Laundry: I did not do laundry here, but you can

Kitchen / Living room: This is shared space. There kitchen has a toaster any one can use, a shared fridge, sink and plates. Always nice!

Bathrooms: You can get a room with a shared public bathroom or get a private room with your own toilet or/and bath. Anyone can use the public bathroom at any time.

We had a great stay here and would defiantly come back again.

Room Tip: No bad choice of room when you Stay at Hana Hostel Top floor is nice No elevator, you have to go u...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 15, 2013

hana hostel is really one of the best hostels i have ever booked. very nice staff (they speak english well! english, i tell you!), cozy japanese rooms, good athmosphere, awesome location in the middle of the city... honestly, cannot ask for more, and in a very low price. if you arrive to kyoto this is totally the place you should book.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at quad room with double-decker beds. The room was very comfy and very near to kitchen, bathroom and toilet. Bonus credit for us. Not very far from kyoto station, about 5 minutes walking, very easy to find also on our first time visit to kyoto as well. We love hana hostel, and will definitely come here again or other hana hostel branches on our next visit. The staffs were also very nice and friendly. They can speak english very well, so we did not have any communication problem. Thank you very much for the kind hospitality during our stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very cozy hostel, with lovely staff. Probably the cleanest and best hostel I've ever stayed. It's close to Kyoto station, what makes easier to go around everyday, and they have bikes to rent (highly recommend to go by bike from the hostel to the Fushimi Inari Shrine).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Hana Hostel Kyoto. This time we stayed in the double bed with en-suite bathroom room and tatami floors. It was really nice! The room was super clean and it had a private toilet room and shower room that were separated from the main room by a private entryway and sliding door. The futon beds were the softest and most comfortable futons I have ever slept on in Japan. We had a slight problem getting the aircon to blow continuously, but since it was mid-September, it wasnt a huge issue. If you are traveling with 2-3 people, I highly recommend the private rooms as they are only a few $$ more than the dorms!

Also, The first time(last summer) at Hana Hostel we were in the mixed dorm, because the privates were all sold out. The bunks were nice and they had curtains for privacy. I remember that to be an enjoyable room as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a female dorm which I paid 2,500 yen per night for 6 nights in March this year. Each bed has a curtain that gives you much privacy when drawn. There is a small shelf to put your personal belongings as well a lamp in each bunk. I got the lower bunk which I thought was more convenient as I do not need to climb the ladder.

There is a washing area and a couple of toilets and bathrooms right outside my dorm. Although, there was quite a number of people staying at the level I was at, I did not have to wait to use the bathrooms.Tea and coffee were provided in the kitchen without charge. Wifi is also available throughout the hostel premise.

The location is fantastic as it is very near Kyoto station (less than a 5-minute walk). I reached at around 12pm and got to leave my luggage in the store room. There is a sukiya and ossho just outside the hostel and a lawson right opposite sukiya, which is great.

I will definitely stay at this hostel again but in a single room as I'm a light sleeper and cannot sleep well with noises (people snoring and moving in and out of the room).

Highly recommended for budget travellers for the price and location!

• Stayed March 2013