Lowest prices for your stay
$42
$37
Expedia.com$47
Hotels.com$47
Agoda.com$39
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2013

10 people in dormitory Room is full, room was stinky because of small space of room .

I dont feel I am Fully informed compared to oska hana's supreme desk.

I don't think Storage is safe, and I don't get the idea front door is alway opened.

I booked one night only based on my short trip plan , but they gave me impression that they don't value as customers who stays more than 2 nights.

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend last year and we were overall happy with the experience.
Temples and sightseeing by day and drinks and food by night, we barely spent any time at the hostel. However, everybody there was friendly and helpful. The location was the best thing about the hostel, just a couple of minutes walk from Kyoto Station. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Really good location, short walk from Kyoto train station. Great staff who were really helpful with where to eat, what to do/see and how to get around. Rooms were clean & comfy. Good kitchen facilities, free tea&coffee&wifi.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The location is very easy to find with the given map and very near to the station. You will find the very large Yodabashi Camera sign on the building on the left which you will not miss. Upon reaching the traffic light near to the hostel, watch out for Kyoto Station Hotel. After passing the Hotel, turn to the left and you will see the signage of the hostel.

We were handed the keys to our room 306, an ensuite for three on the 3rd floor. To enter the hostel, key in the 6 character password including numeric and alphabet on the key tag. Your shoes are to be removed, slip in their slippers and place your shoes in designated shoe cabinets. The disadvantage is a climb of the stairs to the 3rd floor where we had to carry our own luggage.

The room is clean and frankly speaking a bit squashy for triple sharing as we have to figure out how to relocate the coffee table with our 3 pieces of luggage including laying out our futon beds on the tatami floor.

The room came with a very small TV, 4 hangers, a small desktop mirror, body and hair shampoo. Hair conditioner, shower cap or toothbrush and towels (can be rented) are not provided so get your own. The wifi was great for communication and to check out the sightseeing areas. Remember to get the J-Hoppers discount card if you intend to stay 4 nights or more.

Room tip: Remember to ask for the J-Hoppers discount if you intend to stay for 4 nights or more
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was located fairly close to the Kyoto Train Station which was very convenient, and was possible to walk from there to many other attractions around the city. I stayed in a single ensuite room rather than a dorm, and so it was a bit pricier than some of the other accommodation I'd experienced in Japan (even in Fujikawaguchi). Even the towels had to be rented, and the rooms were only emptied of rubbish during the daily cleaning, rather than any other kind of cleaning regime. The staff spoke very good English and were helpful, and I was able to leave my pack in their storage room after checking out whilst I did some last minute sightseeing which was also useful.

• Trip type: Traveled solo