Lowest prices for your stay
Rakuten Travel
View deal
Priceline$88
Hotels.com$100
Travelocity$100
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

I like staying at Dormy Inn hotels in Japan. I had been to the franchise hotel in Fukuoka, Nagasaki and Sendai. My recent visit in Kyoto branch marks my 4th experience to stay at Dormy Inn. I booked a double room this time. The room facilities are generally fine. I especially enjoy the hot spring on 9th floor: nice, clean and it offers an outdoor bath. In addition, the complimentary midnight noodles offer is a nice surprise. And the daily breakfast is truly worth for money!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank mayw503
Reviewed June 5, 2019

This hotel is a five mins walk from the Kyoto Station to the hotel. There is a Lawson and a drug store downstairs the hotel. Hotel is clean and they offer free shoyu ramen every night from 9pm till 11pm and free drinks like hot/iced green tea, coffee or tea / water are offered throughout the day.

The hotel comes with free onsen as well but I feel that it is not really a "natural" one as the smell of chlorine was strong but I would not complain since it's free and you just want to go for a quick dip in there to soothe the tired body from walking.

I booked the rooms that are 23m2 and the space was good. Enough space to move around in the hotel.

Just five mins from the hotel, there is a mall (starbucks, Uniqlo) a super market is all in the vicnity.

We did not opt for the breakfast as it was a little pricey but the choices seemed fantastic!

Overall, i would highly recommend this hotel as there are many restaurants in Kyoto station as well as on ground level from the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank ChiaJoyce
Reviewed May 2, 2019

The room is small. You are in Japan. All rooms are small. The people at the desk were very helpful. The breakfast was diverse and excellent. For an older western traveler, it was a great cultural experience staying in Ryokan. The room had a bed was that closer to the floor than normal but was not on the floor. The slippers, top, and pants were much appreciated. It was easy to relax here. The pillow is smaller than I was used to but I appreciated the experience. The bathroom in the room was great. There was a fancy Japanese toilet with all the buttons and heated seat. The shower was perfect. (I think it was a bathtub but I don't normally take a bath.) Everything worked perfectly.

The Onsen was relaxing after long days of walking. It is gender segregated and as a bit of a modest person took a little courage to visit, but when I got there, everything was fine as everyone goes about their own business and you can feel comfortable. Soaking in the hot springs was very helpful on my sore muscles.

I felt we could appreciate the culture better staying in this modern Ryokan but we were able to manage perfectly fine with our normal habits as well.

It is very conveniently located, just kiddie-corner to the Kyoto Train Station, which is a destination in itself and offers a collection of very good restaurants and shopping area. Every morning, we could start from the Kyoto train station, which also has a subway stop (at least one).

I was delighted with my hotel experience and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsAdventure2014
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

Convenient base to explore Kyoto and surrounds right beside Kyoto station which have plenty of dining options.
Wonderful to return to a soak in the hot spring facilities after a full day of walking, especially if it’s cold.

Trip type: Traveled with family
dormyinn-kyotoekimae, ウィリアム at Dormy Inn Premium Kyoto Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at Dormy Inn Premium Kyoto Ekimae Hotel. Unarguably one of our hotel's major features is that we are a short 5 minute walk from Kyoto Station, which is a major transportation hub, with trains, buses and taxis, that not only connects you to the rest of Kyoto and the Kansai area, but all of Japan as well. Moreover, our breakfast is a Western-Japanese style buffet, with local products from Kyoto. Furthermore, we are very proud to be one of the few hotels in downtown Kyoto to offer a natural hot spring service, which is free of charge for all of our guests. We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback so that we can continuously improve. We also hope that you were otherwise satisfied with our hotel, and that you would use it again in the future.

Front Desk William

Reviewed April 20, 2019

Stayed for 4 nights here and booked via Expedia. Awesome hotel and my favorite of the 3 hotels I stayed for this trip. Attached pic don't do justice to the room but it's the only pics I have of the room.

Room space
Clear division between sleeping area and toilet/closet area.
Room area was spacious considering Japan hotel size. Enough space to open 2 x 28" luggages and have space to maneuver.
Sink was along the corridor instead of inside the toilet, more convenient.

Toilet
Toilet bowl and shower area is separated from the walkway by a door. Shower area has a separate door and leakproof, so the water from showering doesn't spill over to the floor at the toilet bowl area at all. It is also less cold to towel yourself dry.
Shower area is clean. Soap/hair etc. falls into the filter which is hidden from sight.
Showerhead is easy to adjust temperature and pressure, easy to turn on and off.
Toilet bowl has bidet which allows temperature control of the heated seat, and temperature/pressure control of the spray.

Staff
Staff are friendly, check in process fast and seamless.
Opted for no cleaning as our room is in a mess, but everyday without fail there would be clean towels and new trash bags outside our room, for our use.

Facilities
Did not try the onsen.
Noodles served at night was yummy and kitchen staff were so friendly too!
Self-service area has utensils should you need them to eat your own food. So convenient!

Location
<5 min walk from Kyoto station. So convenient to take train/bus/shinkansen to anywhere.
Lawsons 24hrs minimart (like 7-11) located just below the hotel and is connected to the hotel. Don't need to brave the cold to buy a snack!

Minus point
- Paid close to SGD$280/night (all in). A tad pricey but it was a good decision in retrospect! Plus its sakura season, all hotels are more expensive.
- Shower area was a little claustrophobic. I'm 167cm, average asian size for reference. Taller/bigger people might have difficulty showering.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple