Dormy Inn Premium Kyoto Ekimae
Ryokufuso(Kyoto)
$278
$133
  • Free Internet
All reviewsramennoodlestop floorrooftop onsendragonfly toursgreat onsengreat locationtrain stationthe hotel offers freeconvenient storebreakfast buffetonsen experiencecentral exitwestern optionshot bathrecent trip to japanminutes walking distance
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have always like Dormy Inn hotel chains as despite small rooms, they are clean and equipped with onsen. I must say Dormy Inn Premium Kyoto Ekimae is one of the best I've come across as hotel is conveniently located near Kyoto station, serves a great breakfast selection and has a rooftop onsen. The hotel also provide 2 bottles of free mineral water each day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel is just a 5 minute walk from Kyoto station, which is great for getting around since there is a bus terminal and subway stop as well. The usual Dormy inn perks are there as well - rooftop onsen and free ramen supper. The room is nicely partitioned into the sleeping area and bathroom/closet, so the air-con cools the room quickly. My room faced the parking lot at the back alley, which had floodlights at night, so you had to draw the curtain to sleep.

Room Tip: Probably the ones facing the station would be better, since they don't have the floodlights at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LLee55
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This nice hotel has almost everything a non-Japanese would want. When we came back late fro visiting friends we were invited to have free noodles. This hotel has a public bath which was delightful. I think this is unusual in my experience. The room was comfortable but adequate for space. The one negative was no TV in any foreign language- in Kyoto they should have this, I think.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank geowmeyer
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a small but well designed room (not too much bigger than a cruise ship cabin). The decor was a little dark for me but tastefully done. The room was well appointed and very clean. We enjoyed the noodles at night and the onsen. We found the check-in staff helpful and efficient.
The next day we were to catch a train at 1pm. As I was not feeling too good we asked if we could keep the room until 12 noon. We could at a cost of 1000 yen per person per hour. I stayed in the room, my husband sat down in the lobby!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Location : Just minutes away from Kyoto Station where the city bus will bring you to all the tourist attractions.

Rooms : Small but tidy and looks new. I got a room with Twin bed and it is perfectly enough for 2 adults and a 5 years old.

Facilities : The onsen is great... however it would be better if they have a family/private onsen too. For the female onsen, they also implemented a password which changes everyday for safety purpose. The entire onsen facility is nice and clean.

Meals : Breakfast is great with a wide variety of high quality choices. During the night, there is also free ramen to satisfy the hunger pangs before going to sleep. You can also request for extra bottled water from the frontdesk if those 2 in the room is not enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family