Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto
  • Free Internet
Ryokan
Hotel Kanra Kyoto(Kyoto)
2,024 results
All reviewsserviced apartmentstudio premiersubway stationsoba restaurantsmall kitchenminute walkcooking facilitiesgood sizewashers and dryerssofa beddrug storejapanese standardslaundry facilitiesconvenient locationliving areanishiki marketbus stop
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The studio style double room was well designed and new. We liked the sliding wall between the bed and the rest of the room. We loved the wash basin located outside of the bathroom. Every nook and cranny had something that served a purpose. We never had a lack for anything during our 4 day stay. Transportation can be a bit tricky so remember it is located at exit 1 of the Gojo station as taxi drivers did not know the hotel by name - I have no idea how "citadines" would sound in Japanese. We enjoyed walking the very traditional back streets from the hotel to Daimaru and the Gion entertainment area but after that it was taxis all the way.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed 2 days at the beginning of March.
The hotel is very close to the subway station Gojo, well connected to the train station (only one stop through Karasuma Line).
The building from outside is nothing special, however when inside you discover a very warm and nice hotel. I had a serviced apartment with all kind of comfort and facilities. Very clean and bed was very comfy, nice bed sheets. The illumination was really good, and there were also convenient reading lights.
All the staff at the front desk were excellent. Very kind and helpful.
I really loved staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank bimbo_swiss
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Absolutely wonderful. My partner and I stayed here in October for 4 nights and I have been converted from hotels to serviced apartments!

Customer service is faultless.

Hotel is very clean and beautifully decorated inside, even though it doesn't look like much from the sreet.

The room was large, very modern and clean, bed was very firm as with most in Japan. The kitchen was brilliant, it had everything we needed.

Location-wise again, brilliant. Literally right by Gojo station which is just 1 stop from Kyoto station so very good for travel connections. There are 3 supermarkets within 3 minutes from the hotel along with several cafe's and restaurants and also a McDonalds.

If I ever return to Kyoto I will 100% definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ileftmyheartinTokyo
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Building is considered new in Kyoto and this must be the 7th establishment I tried in Kyoto. It is nearer to subway than it seemed. Room is like per standard Citadine in comparison to standard Hotels in Japan which is good for international expectation. Room seemed small in comparison to dimenson stated. I had better priced rooms in 4/5 star hotels with bigger space for similar period. All staff speaks english which is a big plus as a foreigner which is not the norm in Japan. I would recommend Citadine as it is what one will expect when booking Citadine with no surprises.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Close to the city center, metro station 50 meters away and rooms big and very confortable. I can say this is one of the best hotels I've ever been.
They also have laundry machines, which is great and cheap for long time travels.
Other nice features: internet, kitchen, air conditioning (cold and warm), sofa, tv...
Definitely, very nice choice. And by the way, the bed is amazing!!!! As I read in other opinion, is quite difficult to wake up and start the day when you feel soooo nice!
I fully recommend this hotel to anyone willing to visit Kyoto

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo