“Excellent Tonkatsu at a reasonable price”
Review of Tonkatsu Wako

Tonkatsu Wako
Ranked #48 of 12,507 Restaurants in Kyoto
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Shimogyo-ku
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Agree wholeheartedly with the other reviewers that the tonkatsu here is excellent. Yet the price was reasonable. I was staying at the Hotel Kintetsu Kyoto Station so it was convenient for me to have dinner there.
You can sit at the counter which I did or at the individual tables. Service was prompt & efficient. Be prepared for a short wait esp. during dinner time.

1  Thank HpLian

Reviewed June 5, 2014

After a full day of sightseeing, Tonkatsu Wako helped us to finish a wonderful day in Tokyo ;)

Inside the Isetan station complex (11F) Tonkatsu Wako offers a good choice of tonkatsu, with rice and cabbage sidedishes (you can order as much as you want of them). The meat was very good, tender and tasty, and incredibly light (the power of tempura!).

The price was more than affordable and good for the quality. It's a nice place to eat with children too.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Great meal and for a good price! The pork tonkatsu I had was delicious and filled me up for only about ¥1200. I also ordered the special miso sauce for ¥100 to dip my tonkatsu pork in and it was very nice together. There was a line outside when we arrived but this moved quickly.
Once inside the service was fast and friendly.
Would definitely recommend dining here if you're after some good tonkatsu!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Located on the 11th floor in Kyoto train station, tasty food there I recommend this place if you feeling for a good Tonkatsu.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We found this restaurant by accident n was satisfied of the meal. I like it when we can chose the size of the meat which we will not wasted the food... I prefer fillet type than the cutlet... More crispy n thin...