“Great restaurant to go with kids”

Okonomiyaki Kiraku Kiyomizugojozakaten
Ranked #95 of 12,166 Restaurants in Kyoto
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lake Cathie, Australia
“Great restaurant to go with kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

This restaurant was just down the road from the machiya we were staying in. It served traditional Japanese pancakes called Okonomiyaki. You can have vegetarian, meat or seafood. Very reasonably priced, tasty food. Kids loved it. English speaking, friendly staff. We ate here twice! And would again!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank smithbeachhouse

Dubai
“Best family meal in Kyoto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

This tiny little restaurant looks unassuming from the outside, but inside you will find a warm welcome for the whole family from the staff and other customers alike. The food is cooked in front of you at a series of hot plates, carefully guarded from exploratory little fingers by cute child-friendly towels. Our little ones devoured our omelette-style starter, noodles, meatballs and ice-cream while we tried the "set" which was an absolutely delicious variety of noodles, squid, bacon and vegetables. The food was served quickly, and our children loved it.
There are lots of good restaurants in Kyoto but we really felt welcome here.
It's just 5 mins down the hill from the Westin Miyako hotel, 5 from Higashiyama metro station.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Claire_Cooke
Sydney
“Healthy and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was on my way back to the Westin Miyako when I passed this little place. The pots of colorful flowers outside looked inviting and teppanyaki was on my list to try so I went in. There was an English menu available too, with many options of traditional Japanese food. I enjoyed watching my beef and vegetable teppanyaki being cooked in front of me. There were lots of vegetables ( onions, bean sprouts and cabbage) but only a little beef. It was only a short wait for my delicious and healthy dinner. Part way through eating, I decided it also needed some rice, which was served immediately. It was great value for 1000 yen. After leaving, I was taking some photos out the front, when one of the ladies who worked there, came out and offered to take my photo. A lovely gesture, especially with the language barrier, which was a delightful end to my meal.

• Visited December 2013