“A bit crowded, but worth it”
Review of Ginjoramenkubota

Ginjoramenkubota
Ranked #4 of 28 Quick Bites in Kyoto
Neighborhood: Shimogyo-ku
Neighborhood: Shimogyo-ku
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

There are 3 regular menu options: tsukemen (dipping noodles), meat miso ramen and normal ramen (I recommend getting a boiled egg as a side dish with this one). There is also a special option, which was thick noodles with meat cuts and a rich sauce.
I've tried all of them, and while all of them are great, I strongly encourage you to try the tsukemen, if you plan to have only one visit, since that is the speciality here.

Some useful information:
- the place is quite small, and some queue can be expected; but it moves quickly and the food is worth the wait
- there is no halal food available
- you can get a beer here, but the choice is very limited
- credit cards are not accepted
- open hours are weird (11:00 to 14:30, 18:00 to 22:00)

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Small ramen bar in a side street close to Kyōto station.
You can order two kinds of ramen an tsukemen ramen, but the taste of the ramen is fantastic.
Be prepared to pay cash at a vending machine to order the ramen.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

We visited largely as it was close to our hotel and we were tired - however it ended up being one of the highlights of our trip to Kyoto. It is a no-frills place with around 10 seats, the food is delicious and at a good price. You may have to wait a little bit for a seat but it's worth it.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018

I've never had an experience where I was still thinking about the food for several hours after I ate it. Considered going back to the same night for dinner, but decided we were better than that. Wish everyone gets a chance to go and enjoy the noodles and broth. I got the regular, my wife got the miso, both were amazing.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2018

At our last night in Kyoto we choosed this restaurant. It was a great choise. It is located at 10 minutes walk from the main station. Inside the local you can see how your plate is prepared. It was the best ramen we taste in our Japan trip. Also the noodles were very good. Few choices but with the best quality. I suggest this place to everyone.

Date of visit: August 2018