“Breakfast outstanding A+”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Luxurious gorgeous surroundings - very Western style...fit to be a wedding reception venue..elegant food of good western style proportions...love those brunches with thick toasted pockets of egg and herb and pots of tea and coffee. A welcome relief... I take a book and stay a while...no sense of being moved on...and lovely outlook over the Maruyama Park. Very good value for money considering where it is ...so much better than Starbucks style cafes...treat yourself to this when you are in Kyoto... Ihave eaten here dozens of times over the 5 years I lived here and always take my family and friends to this..spring and autumn decorations and themed menus etc

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed April 9, 2017

We went here not realising just how posh and glamorous it is so we weren't really dressed for the occasion. I recommend decent clothing to make you feel more comfortable among the well attired clientele. The setting is a turn of the 20th century building that was once used to welcome visiting foreign dignitaries. It has retained all the opulence and splendour of that era which makes for a fascinating dining experience.

On the down side, the coffee was very strong and tasted over roasted. I like my cafe latte creamy and smooth. The cake was nice enough but way overpriced for what it was. I guess you are really paying to eat in a beautiful, unique setting.

The staff were extremely diligent, polite and attentive, absolutely no fault can be brought to bear there. The management really need to up their game to improve the coffee service and either reduce the price of the cakes or make them 'to die for'.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed September 26, 2016

we came upon this by accident a wedding was going on so we were told come the next day which we did chinka the manager was a excellent host couldn't do enough for us we had a very nice tea and the hotel has only six rooms and that is why they are expensive there are lots of little rooms to have tea and cake but we had it on ground floor she took us on a tour of the hotel a nice treat for my wife,s birthday

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed July 2, 2016

We were only able to go to the Italian restaurant because we were with kids and the french restaurant is for 13 and older.
The food was amazing as well as the service.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

Our tour guide took us there for a mid- morning coffee break. What a surprise! It is in a classic French building which must housed some very wealthy family in the past. The coffee was rich in aroma, the foamed cream added the body and a cinnamon stick completed the experience to "heavenly." I am sure the cafe's food would also be excellence. I understand this also is part of a boutique hotel. I would stay here if not too exorbitant.

Date of visit: April 2016