“Deserves its good rating”
Review of Hafuu Honten

Hafuu Honten
Ranked #11 of 12,186 Restaurants in Kyoto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Bergen, Norway
“Deserves its good rating”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had a 6 dish meal, and the misses had a 5 dish. We also shared a bottle of Cava and ended up with a bill of 20 550 Yen - not bad! Everything we ate was served elegantly on the plate, and tasted very nice. The meat was perfectly done, and the staff did a very good job making us feel well taken care off. The best meal we have had so far in Japan. Oops: If you are going to this restaurant; make sure to be there early, not only to get a table, but also beacuse after our understanding they close for new quest from 21:30 (and close early, even on Saturdays).

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank StianHovda

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Greenville, South Carolina
“Quite Possibly the Best Meal I've Ever Had”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Quite possibly the best meal I've ever had. Every course was amazing although the highlights for me was the roast beef with onions and of course the Wagyu beef steak which melts in your mouth. Cost for us was $75-$95 per person but well worth it to splurge on a fantastic meal in Kyoto.

• Visited June 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Place to go for meat & veggies”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

For some strange reason we've had a tough time finding food we could chew & veggies that aren't pickled. We treated ourselves to this place. It's very good, very pricey but worth it for a special meal. Not very friendly or warm atmosphere. Not that easy to find.

London, United Kingdom
“Eating in Kyoto with teenagers”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Dinner is wagyu beef at the narrow, but cosy, counter in Hafuu, followed by sumptuous puddings.
Hafuu is located in a backstreet - I don't think we would have found it without a taxi! It is well worth the search as this was one of our favourite meals in Japan. My two teenage girls still reminisce about the magical melting of the steak. The place is small but extremely relaxed and my husband and I enjoyed sitting at the counter over a few glasses of wine.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank TheOccasionalNut
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Brilliant”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Having spent a few days in Hong Kong and a week in Japan, I can quite happily say this was the most satisfying and overall authentic meals I had, the beef was magical and I'd happily recommend and return to the restaurant, this time planning a Winter trip and will definitely be making another reservation.

• Visited July 2014