“Yum”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Wow, you will be pleasantly surprised ( and so will your taste buds) when you take the time visit this friendly and popular treasure of Kyoto. The food can only be described as "to die for" and the service is excellent.

1  Thank Brenda H

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Beef will never be the same again. We live in Norway and find it sad, beacause they do not sell that kind of meat here. The beef was so tender it could be sliced with chopsticks and tasted like butter. Recommend the sirloin steak. Instead of ordering deserts we ordered another steak.

4  Thank Soppen-suse
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We were able to get a last minute reservation. My colleague and I opted for the Special Dinner Course and we loved it! For everything we got, we were satisfied with every bit of our meal, and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. They even called a cab and waved us good-bye. We would definitely return if we get the opportunity again.

1  Thank Tu P
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews and seeing the star ratings my expectations ran real high.
Although I went without reservations was still given a chair immediately. So very nice of them.
Called for their renowned sirloin steak medium rare. Served in Japanese style cut into small pieces and served with two kinds of soya sauces and mustard sauce.
Plate had some non iodised rough table salt and was supposed to eat with help of chopsticks after slightly touching the beef with the salt and the soya sauces.
Also asked for two glasses of Chilean red wine along with the steak.
Some of the pieces took some time to chew and had lost it's juice .

I have had Kobe steak in Japan and will like to stay with KOBE as my favorite.

People were as usual VERY polite and accommodating. Called me a taxi and waved me good bye till the taxi left.Felt like a homely visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I wanted to treat my carnivore son to a wagyu meal and decided to go here on the strength of TA reviews. It did not disappoint - it was a very special meal - maybe one of the best we had in Japan. Great, friendly staff who made us feel special, the counter seating allowing us to watch the action, and the steak. We had the set meal Y7500 and opted for sirloin as I think it is taster than fillet. All the courses were just amazing - I especially loved the brisket and the steak was melting and tasty and cooked to perfection as per our request. This is not a cheap restaurant (nor is it expensive compared to restaurants in my home town of Dublin) but is worth every penny if you want a very special meal.

1  Thank Maoiliosa K