Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 11/07/21
Booking.com$51
Orbitz.com$42
eDreams$51
All reviews kawaramachi station choose your own reception staff are room key gion area location was perfect comfortable rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2019

Years ago, I stayed a few nights at this Hotel, recently, I booked the same Hotel again!

From Kawarmachi station, take EXIT 6 and when you come out to the main road, turn left and just before the 1st trafiic light, you will see an alley on your left (Takashimaya's entrance is on your road, across the road). Walk down the alley and you will see FAMILY MART on the left, walk up the road (from FAMILY MART) and within 2 minutes, you will see SUPER HOTEL on your left. Easy!

Check in is strictly at 3pm. You can leave your luggage at the lobby, if you arrive earlier.

What surprised me, this time, was that there was no room key or card. You need to key in some numbers to enter your room, like a password. I am not sure if this is a good system as it may not be so easy to remember the numbers. The front desk suggested I took a pictrure of the number. What if I lose my phone......?

Anyway, the few nights stay turned out OK.

The room was not big but OK for 2 people who just wanted a place to sleep. Having 2 big pieces of luggage could be quite a challenge though. The built-in bath & toilet is rather small and you really have to try to fit in, especially if you are quite big in size.

We tried to watch some TV programmes but finally gave up as we could not find any English / Mandarin channels (mainly Japanese and 1 or 2 Korean channels). There was many Asian and Westerners staying in the Hotel and I was surprised that there was no English channel.

The Hotel has natural hot spring bath that is FOC for guests but specific timing for ladies and men. Need to check the timing.

The Hotel also provides free breakfast. To me , it was really nice to have breakfast provided and there was more than enough to eat. This is a PLUS point staying here.

No check out was required. We only have to leave before 10am.

To me, this Hotel is in a great location. Easy accessibility to shops, retsaurants and even to attractions. The famous NISHIKI Market is only a few minutes from the Hotel.
The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were professional and polite.

Will I stay here again, OF COURSE!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank sawbear1608
Reviewed April 13, 2019

We cannot expect better location. Right middle in everything. Anything in the neibourhood. Staffs here were very professional, service minded, always with great natural smiles. The room is as seen on online photos - tidy, clean and functional. It was pity we couldn´t see any views through the window made of frosted glass. We couldn´t open it either.

We also used "Onsen"-facility (natural thermal water brought from Shiga-prefecture) but we found it too hot (around 42 celsius) to sit - like 5-10 minutes max. The tub was not so large; bathing times for men and women go on and off - We understood they don´t want us to spend so much time there. It was a dissapointment.

The best part was the breakfast, freshly baked variety of breads and pastries. It smelled like an angel and tasted like a heaven.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

We traveled to Kyoto on Jan 2019.The location of the hotel is a plus. Closed to subway station(few mins walk). restaurant & shops all around.
The lady helps us check in is professional, room is okay( standard size in Japan).
Breakfast from 7am to 9am in lobby level is good.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Patrick_batman11
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

It was what I expected - clean, small room, tiny bathroom. I attempted breakfast which seemed popular. It was good value. These hotels are like Easyjet or Ryanair - no frills, although to be fair the reception staff are much nicer! I was on my own so the hotel wasn’t the focus for my visit to Kyoto - sightseeing & eating is the priority. If you want a memorable hotel as part of the experience then spend more. As everyone remarks it’s in a great central location. It also has a spa which I passed on - perhaps that’s the ‘thrills’!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank PabloBrussels
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

It really is in the middle of everything great location. It even has its own spa. Although sessions are separated male from females. The breakfast is ok. The croissants are brilliant. The room it self is rather small and the toilet even smaller. Yet you expect that in a budget hotel in the middle of everything. The room is clean so what more do you expect?

Date of stay: April 2018