All reviews shijo station nishiki market internet breakfast location japan
Selected filters
Reviewed November 28, 2018

We booked three double rooms for 6 nights of the Kyoto portion of our vacation and everything was perfect. Our kids had been on the road for a while and took advantage of the washer/dryer. While there was no public bath, the in-room bath was top notch and greatly enjoyed. While the rooms are smallish by western standards (like NYC), we found them to be generous compared to the other hotels we stayed in during our vacation. The staff was incredibly friendly and the breakfast was superb. Would definitely recommend if you're looking for a very nice (and reasonably-priced) hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

First of all, make sure to include NAGOITEI in any Google search as there is another Hotel Vista Premio Kyoto to the east - we ended up walking an extra 15 minutes the first night in Kyoto by going to the wrong one!

Aside from the name, this hotel was great and definitely because the staff, especially Kanako, were there to help with even the smallest problem. They also had day passes for the busses and subway on hand so we didn't have to trek to find them.

The room was nicely appointed, with the standard automatic toilet - give a try. By North American standards the room was small, but not the smallest we stayed in. Everything in the hotel was modern, minimalist, but tasteful and esthetically done with attention to even the smallest detail.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2018

We had made a reservation for the Westin Hotel in Kyoto but upon realizing it's location (far from where you'd want to be and a shuttle ride to town) we scrambled on Bookings.com to find another hotel. We were pleasantly surprised with the location, the quality, and the breakfast at Hotel Vista Premio Kyoto. PLEASE NOTE, however, that there are TWO of these, and this one has another name on the end "Nagomitei" which caused a LOT of confusion on our phone GPS AND the taxi drivers (plural!) I hope the management can alert guests so they don't spend lots of time and money in numerous taxis going to the wrong location multiple times. The management did refund me one of my taxi fares because of the confusion. Otherwise, the staff, service, room, and breakfast were all first rate! I'd stay there again if I visit Kyoto once more.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JulieLansaw
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Good service and nice staff, helpful when needed. Choice of Japanese style breakfast or American. I had Japanese and really enjoyed. Staff for breakfast were also good. Not a lot of additional additional floor space in the room but had everything I needed, and decent size bathroom. About a 15 minute walk to Gion and closer to major shopping and food market. About 7-8 walk to subway/train. Family Marts close by. Nice that they provided free Mobile phone to use the GPS data and also allowed for free international calling. Be careful on the GPS as their is another Vista Preimero Hotel in Kyoto and is about 15 minute walk away from this hotel, I made that mistake. Overall found this hotel a great place to stay for a visit in Kyoto

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

If I had a place to recommend in Kyoto, it would be this hotel. The staff is the best, the location is good, the service is AMAZING,especially for foreigners as they provide you a smartphone with free international call and internet for your whole stay.
If I ever go back to Kyoto, I would definitely come back here.

Special advice : Give a try to the Breakfast.

M. F.