All reviews cons property pillows facilities lobby train japan
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here last February when I joined a cultural program in Japan.

The hotel was a bit far from touristy areas. It is a 5 min walk to the nearest underground station, and around 10 mins train to the Kyoto Station. There is a Lawson nearby for your midnight cravings.

The hotel is fairly new and it shows with their facilities. The lobby was comfortable and there are ample amount of couches for guests to sit down while waiting for their tour bus.

I noticed that it seemed popular with tour groups and it can get very crazy during check in hours.

The room was very very small ( I am 5 foot tall) and had a feeling of claustrophobia while staying there. It is difficult to stay here if you and your companion have big luggages. The bathroom is small too.

If you will be mostly out, maybe this is the hotel for you. Beds and pillows were very comfortable and had a great time sleeping after a long day of walking. The TV can be connected to your ipad or phone to watch netflix. There was a kettle in the room but no coffee, only tea. During my stay there, i dont think there was a safe. By the door was a very small open "closet".

The breakfast was amazing at first but by our 2nd day, I found out that they don't change their menu so it can get a little bit boring.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2019

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during a tour that brought us to Kyoto - so we didn't actually select the hotel ourselves, but we were largely satisfied with the property. The room was compact like most hotels in Japan, but totally serviceable. It was clean and modern. We only had 1 room key so if my husband left the room with th key, the lights would go out on me. Not a big deal, but next time we'd ask for 2 keys. We really appreciated the laundry facilities and also the ability to relax in the tatami mat area of the lobby.

There was lots of variety at breakfast but the signage indicating what was in everything was lacking. They had a matcha bread that was incredible, and the grapefruit was outstanding. My husband loved that they offered oshizushi and hojicha. There was also a quick grab and go coffee/pastry area if you were in a hurry.

While this spot was a short walk to the nearest subway (and was in a pretty safe, quiet area) we did find it difficult to navigate back to in a taxi. Twice we opted to return via taxi (from Kodai-ji and Ninen-zaka) after exhausting days where we would have spent close to an hour on foot and train to return to the Jujo area. Even though we had the hotel business card and a map, neither driver understood where to take us. I'd suggest asking for a drop off at Jujo Eki (Jujo station) and walking back to the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank suffragettecitygirl
Reviewed December 25, 2018 via mobile

Despite the small size, the room could be rated 5 stars, for the mattress is excellent!

The moment I lied on the bed, I knew there were no spring in the mattress. Every part of my body had been strongly supported and not in the awkward way. The foam bounced back quick but not as quick as the spring. You couldn't feel the empty space between body and sleeping surface.

I suppose the material of the mattress is a hybrid of memofoam and some kind of elastic foam. Sleeps were comfortable during the hotel.

Pros:
1. Good mattress
2. Good Mattress
3. Clean and tide as other Japanese hotels

Cons:
1. Small space

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2018

Hotel is in a good location, within walking distance to main attractions. Good, moderately priced property with basic amenities. Good breakfast, rooms are a good size. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a moderate hotel in Kyoto.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

Very good and comfortable stay at Ariston hotel though a little out of City centre ,nice hotel.
Good service and with all facilities.breakfast served is also good.
Affordable price.