All reviews apple tv great location gion shijo superior king blackout blinds free coffee in the lobby perfect hotel to stay decent shower rooms are small yakitori public bath modern japanese design western options located close to the train station lovely little hotel onsen downstairs pocket wifi
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Property is New and great Design
Details very good.
Great Location
Price a bit on the high side for what it offers in terms of room size.
Breakfast very poor
WiFi very good
Reception Service average
Overall very good
Rooms small, but perfect for travelling.
No closet, so can’t unpack.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2018

At first we were quite concerned about the small size of the rooms -- bed filled the room and a miniscule closet and no drawers for clothes, and no view. But then we decided to simply enjoy the cocoon and ended up very happy. The downstairs public onsen is lovely -- and we used it every night. The location is fabulous -- in the Gion with lots of restaurants and shrines very close by. If you care about space, try to reserve the king size rooms.We were here for 6 nights and used the washer dryers for laundry. Definitely better than the normal cost for laundry service. So .. go with the flow and simply enjoy this very lovely Japanese style hotel. We did.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Found this hotel a few days before arrival on internet after checking TripAdvisor.
This is a great stay. In one way very minimalistic but still with so many great details.
Tiny but extremly cosy and well decorated rooms.
Very freindly and competent staff.
Location couldn't be better.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this lovely hotel in the heart of Gion. It was modern and very delicate. I think the breakfast were of great variety. The Japanese breakfast was so good The public bath was nice. Remember that you can not use swimwear in Japanese bath.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

It is located in the very convenient part of Gion. Our first room assignment was in the basement. It smelled very moldy so we had to change to 2nd floor. During our stay, my wife's pretty dress was stolen during the cleaning. We reported this and the hotel didn't do anything. Their general professionalsim in Gion seemed to be pretty low. I felt I was discriminated as a foreigner in many places in Gion including this hotel. One example is all expensive restaurant requires booking through hotel. When I called three restaurants, they all asked me to ask the hotel front for the availability for the specific day. So I hung up and called my hotel front. 15 minutes later, my hotel front said it was full. What!?! Why didn't they even say it was full in the first place. The hotel front didn't give me any alternative dates so I had to make many calls again. I highly recommend avoiding this hotel based my experience.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple