All reviews compact room kansai international airport small refrigerator train station late at night the ground floor small hotel convenient location excellent location aeon mall walking distance convenience store the hotel staff avanti lawson moisturiser exit
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019

We had an excellent stay at Sotetsu Fresa. Well aligned to western standards, this hotel was the best during our 10-day stay in Japan. It is about 25 minutes walk from Kyoto centre (and Gion) but you can spend 800 Yen and get a taxi to go there faster. Subway and bus are two other options but I would not recommend them as it takes the same amount of time as if you were walking there. Room itself was fairly small but that's how Japanese hotels are so you get used to it after some time! Train station is just around the corner and it's full of shops and restaurants. Great choice all in all.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Explorer810438, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kyoto-Hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Hello DjGLove ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad that you had a great stay here. Also, thank you for the kind review. This would help tons of other people who are considering to stay at our hotel. And regarding the location, our hotel is approximately 2 mins away from Kyoto station so that it is very convenient for people who are also interested in visiting Osaka, Kobe and Nara too. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will consider us for your next trip!

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is about 5 mins walk from the main Kyoto station which is ideal if you’re pulling luggage. Lots of restaurants nearby. The hotel was compact but clean and modern. Strict check in after 3pm.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello 66julesb,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing the review with other travelers. We were pleased to read you liked our hotel. We hope to welcome you again in the future. Thank you again for taking your time to write this great review.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in the inn during the last week of March and had 2 interconnecting rooms at this hotel. I was very pleased with my choice; were I to come again to this part of Kyoto I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again. Room rates were so much more affordable compared to its neighbors in the same area. Location wise, although there are many hotels near Kyoto Station, this had the advantage of being very close (3 minutes walk) to the limousine bus stop where there are buses running to and from KIX airport, USJ, etc. The hotel has a Lawson convenience store right beside it, and is also behind the Kyoto Avanti shopping mall, which is connected through an underground passage to Kyoto Station. Rooms at the hotel were very small. Interconnecting rooms meant one room with large twin beds connected to another with a double bed. There was hardly enough space to put our luggage, and yet every convenience that could be had was well thought out and provided for us in the rooms. The mattresses were the most comfortable ones I had in Japan, giving us 3 nights of good sleep, and the cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms were of the highest standards. But most of all, I feel the hotel’s strength lies in its service. The email replies to my enquiries even at the time of booking were prompt, courteous and helpful. The hotel staff were just lovely. On one night, my 2-year-old daughter vomited on her bed at around midnight and a call to the housekeeping brought them to change the sheets very quickly so that my kids could continue their sleep undisturbed. This is the level of service one desires in any hotel! If space is what you are looking for, maybe this is not for you, but if you are looking for an affordable, clean, comfortable and convenient hotel in a prime location I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Explorer810438, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kyoto-Hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Hi jcmenglee,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are glad that you and family loved our services, our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise. They work very diligently and it will provide them with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing. Thank you, once again, for your kind words.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Stay here for 4 nights.. room is pretty spacious, but lack of hangers in room which we cannot understand why they never provide since there are so much space in the room.
Location is great - Lawson is just downstairs, next building is Avanti Shopping Center where there is a Don Quijote that we really visit everyday ☺, airport transfer busstop just outside Avanti, and this hotel is just 5mins walk from Kyoto Station. Bed is comfortable and big.
Highly recommended!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Explorer810438, フロント at Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kyoto-Hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Thank you very much for your staying with us.
We appreciate your splendid contribution.
Let us keep trying to sustain our efforts for guests to stay much more comfortably.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Sincerely yours,

Front desk, Takayama

Reviewed March 13, 2019

Location was really good - very close to Kyoto train station and bus terminal so it was convenient for day trips outside Kyoto (the Nara Deer Park for example). Managed to see many locations in and around Kyoto without having to catch public transport as most were within walking distance. Rooms are small but this is typical of Japan so was not an issue. I apprecited that I had a choice of pillows at this hotel! Simple pleasures...

I had a little trouble communicating with the hotel through Booking.com when I wanted to change dates and it took quite a few days for the hotel to get back to me and confirm. In the end I had to contact them directly then booking..com said they couldn't change my details so the dates stayed incorrect in the system. Note that there had also been a typhoon the week before so it is likely that may have impacted their response times but still - I like to be organised!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Explorer810438, フロント at Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kyoto-Hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2019

Thank you for commenting on our hotel this time.
The location of our hotel is our strength. You can buy most things near our hotel if you have something you want. In addition,Kyoto Station is the most important station in Kyoto Prefecture. Because you can secure a route for sightseeing.
Also It is an honor to have compliments such as the location and the service.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience of the contact with amending the reservation, but we are not able to change the date of your booking if it is booked from foreign website.
Please contact the reservation website directly in the future.
We seek your kind understanding.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future.
Best regards