“Very nice suprise!”

Cuisines: Nepali
Neighborhood: Shinkyogoku Shopping District
Neighborhood: Shinkyogoku Shopping District
Reviewed November 8, 2013

One of the best places I've been to in a while. Wish it wasn't so far from home. Service was great. The food was delicious and there was heaps of it.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

On a vacation to Japan, my wife and I ended up eating a lot of non-Japanese food because of our gluten allergies. Yak and Yeti was one of my favorite Japanese alternatives. I love Indian food (Napalese and Indian food seem very similar to me), and this place did not disappoint. Surprisingly, we have a Yak and Yeti here in Colorado too, but I've always found the one in Colorado to be very ho-hum. The Kyoto restaurant seemed to have a little more variety and less cookie-cutter Indian food than what I am accustomed to in the US.

Random comment unrelated to my review: the woman who served us was one of the few non-Japanese waiters we met on our entire trip. She was actually Napalese. I mean, that's ok, the nationality of the staff does not matter if the food is good and the service is friendly (yes, she was friendly), but most of the Indian and Mexican places we visited were staffed entirely by Japanese employees. That's a big change from what I've seen in most of my world travels, usually ethnic food is served by ethnic staff. Interesting, right?

By the way, their home-made icecream is delicious.

Also, the entrance is on the side. We found the address using Google maps, but we couldn't for the life of us find the entrance. The entrance is not on the street.

1  Thank boulderkc
Reviewed October 21, 2013

very warm welcome in this small restaurant, also well located in the shopping area. The menus are easy to select and a very good deal. You need to like curries of course ! Not very different from indian food but with flavour. The big naan included in the menu is excellent

Reviewed October 3, 2013

You will need to look hard to find this tiny restaurant, tucked away off a busy shopping street, but the food is worth the effort. Delicious Nepalese curries, crispy Naan, and teeny rice paper rolls with an incredible dipping sauce. The "Ladies set" was fabulous value at only Y1000 (ish). We could not possibly finish all that was in front of us. The staff were all very helpful, polite and attentive and (to our surprise) the house wine was good :)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great choice of delicious curries, from vegetarian to various meats. Superb nan and chicken tandoori. Liked it so much that we went back and on both days the quality was high. Wonderful, relaxed, warm service and they offer doggy bags! Right in the center of a shopping area, unpretentious. I am going back when I am in Kyoto again.