Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Vio.com
$400
Agoda.com
$364
Multiple ways to pay
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I didn't particularly like my say at this hotel, and having been in Japan for 2 weeks, and staying at several hotels, this was a very lacking experience. This hotel doesn't have much of a selection for breakfast, but it's a complimentary breakfast. The wifi has poor strength, so be ready to sign in multiple times. There is also only one elevator, creating a lot of traffic for a business hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank snowflakerain123
Reviewed April 15, 2018

The hotel is quiet centralized where is close to train station and bus stop. There are two coin washers and dryers on site. The staff is helpful but couldn't speak English well when we needed some direction around the town, the room is very clean. We like the varieties of the breakfast. There is only one elevator, so it's a long wait.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

Came here with my family last week, as the double room was fully booked for the first night, so we ought for a single room for the first night.

All my cash was stolen on the first night itself while I was sleeping in the room. I saw a man walking out of the room when I woke up in the middle of my sleep, however as there is no cctv available at the corridors hence there is no prove to the hotel that someone came into my room.

The staff weren't helpful at all as they do not want to be responsible of my loss or even my safety. All they did was to tell me nightshift staff got no access to the master keys and ask me to make my own report at the police station for the loss.

I will not recommend anyone to stay as losing your belongings is bad enough for your holiday, with staff that arenot helpful at all making it worse (halfway through when I was telling them about my loss they actually ask me to stop and wait so that they can serve another guest that is checking out).

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Pei Ling L
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Every-time I visit Kyoto I usually stay at this Toyoko Inn location. The service is excellent and the complimentary breakfast makes the rate a great value. The breakfast is buffet style and extremely convenient. This location has a good mix of Western and Japanese style breakfast foods. I recommend heading down as soon as the breakfast starts at 7 AM if you want to secure a table (there is only one elevator so it can get crowded closer to checkout at 10 AM).

RATE: Varies depending on the type of room your want. Smoking and non-smoking floor available.

ROOMS: The rooms are all extremely clean, although a little small. Free WiFi. Bidet toilet.

LOCATION/TRANSPORTATION: It is around a 5 minute walk away from the Gojo Subway station and only one stop away from Kyoto Station and Shijo Station in either direction.

NEARBY ATTRACTIONS: Shijo Shopping District, Higashi Honganji (~10 min walk), Kyoto Station and surrounding malls

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

This is probably the nth time I stayed at this toyoko inn. My default home away from home. Highly efficient front desk. I had booked a double for one day and twin for the rest of my stay. Front desk staff was kind enough to accommodate me and gave me a twin room for all 4 days of my stay. Everything worked in the room. Simple rice balls, soup, toast and rice were served at breakfast. This location is highly popular. Reserve asap when planning for a trip.

Date of stay: October 2017