Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews photography tour camera settings amazing shots inari shrine amazing experience axel workshop exposures equipment photographing tripod shooting photos angle dusk session geisha
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I did the Inari Night tour. Luckily, I was the only one that evening and I had one-on-one with Axel. I had a really great time on the tour.
Axel is knowledgeable, friendly and super helpful.
It was raining but despite that, I managed to get some great shots with Axel.

Highly recommend it!

Date of experience: September 2018
EYExplore, Manager at EYExplore, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Steve,

Thank you very much for this review. Thankfully the rain was not too hard on that day. I am glad you are happy with how your images turned out.

See you next time in Japan

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I try to attend a photography tour when I travel overseas, and I am amazed at how willing photographers are to impart their knowledge.

Axel is no exception. In fact, he is exceptional. Clear, articulate, knowledgeable, personable and interesting.

I’ve always wanted to try light-painting, but never known where to start. I now feel confident using my camera at night, and, for the first time, in fully manual mode! I learnt so much in a relatively short timeframe - equipment, camera settings, composition, exposure, lighting.

And got some amazing photos of Inari at night with none else around as a bonus!

Axel knows the spots, and leads you through learning the process experientially. Unlike other tours I have been on, he does not bring a camera - you do it all on your camera.

I actually felt like I was part of a photography project team working with axel, where I was contributing ideas to the building of the photos. He seeks your feedback and critique of photos you take, offering suggestions and taking on board your ideas. And he is more than willing to use your ideas to experiment and see what happens. I was even able to contribute a new “lighting element” to one of the photos.

I thoroughly recommend the tour to anyone with experience with the camera that is looking to trying something new, and wants some fantastic night photos of inari to impress their friends with!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank steve j

Steve,

Thank you very much for this raving review. I am glad you had a good and informational time with me taking long exposures at Inari shrine. I hope you will keep practicing your newly acquired skills.

See you next time in Japan

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Really nice workshops with excellent instructors. Not only did I get a lot of images I love, but I learned many thing which I can apply to my photography henceforth. The pace and tone was exceptional. One of the very best things I’ve done on my vacation. I will definitely try more tours when I am back in Japan. I took the temple of Tokyo and Inari at night tours, both are highly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2018
EYExplore, Manager at EYExplore, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Thanks for your kind review of the photo workshops your took with us in Tokyo and Kyoto. I am glad to see that the images taken at Fushimi Inari by night turned out geat. See you next time for more photo adventures ;-)

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

The site and whole experience were mesmerizing. Axel was super in terms of professionalism, undivided attention, attitude and advice. Provided Equipment was user friendly and top notch. Unbeatable cost/benefit photography workshop. Totally recommend!!

Date of experience: July 2018
EYExplore, Manager at EYExplore, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thanks Cecile for your nice review. I am glad you enjoyed the time you spent taking photos at night inside Fushimi Inari. See you again soon for more adventures!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Excellent night photo tour of the Inari shrine that taught me loads about shooting at night and looking for interesting compositions.

My wife and I had already visited Inari that morning, but the two and a half hours with Axel and local photographer, Yoshi Akisuito, evoked a completely different feel and look for the shrine - more atmospheric, moody and just a little gothic.

For the evening tour I was there with my film school student son, while Kristine was tagging along to watch - taking occasional shoots with her iPhone.

From a technical point of view we took photos in five different locations. One around the shrines, two inside the Tori tunnels, one from outside, one around the shrines surrounding and one final picture at the main altar. We used tripods hired from them, shot on 20 second exposures, f8 etc. Alex and Yoshi provided light and equipment for light painting and showed how beautiful it could be.

They explained and taught well, getting us to make incremental improvements to get great images. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and a two hour tour rapidly became three.

If you want to see a familiar place from a different angle or have a go a building on your photographic experience in a great location - this is tour for you.

Date of experience: March 2018
EYExplore, General Manager at EYExplore, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2018

Thank you so much for this awesome and detailed review! I'm glad to hear you had a great time! -Axel