“You can still smell the 'newness'!”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #54 of 133 B&Bs / Inns in Kyoto
Sydney, Australia
“You can still smell the 'newness'!”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We stayed for two nights in this very new and modern ryokan and we thought it was lovely!
The rooms are a little small and the bathrooms are really tiny (but we found that in many places) - but it is so clean and comfortable and we were really only there to sleep so the small space wasn't too much of a problem. The staff are so friendly and helpful. I was ill one day and one of the staff looked up a doctor for me and drew me a map of where to go etc and what characters to look for on the sign etc - was so nice of her! I have only taken points off for the small room and it is quite pricey.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank matchstic

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bern
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed at this Ryokan in April 09. I found their Website on the Internet and I loved the pictures. But in reality I was disappointed. We booked especially the VIP Room because of the private garden but got the first nigth a normal room with only a small window where you can squeeze yourself out somehow and then you have like 1 meter of private space divided to the inner patio - this room was dark and felt very claustrophobic and I went to ask if this really was a VIP room and they told me yes....then I insisted of getting the VIP Room from the picture where we could move the next day. This room was better, with much more ligth and a small terrace and a tiny garden. But the room and bathroom still small and honestly I was disappointed about this place - I expected from the pictures so much more than what there is in reality. The Ryokan is noisy especially the rooms to the inner patio you can hear everything - on the VIP Room on the other side its sligthly better, but outside there is a sort of a pump which is also very noisy....The working staff is very nice, speaks good english and is very helpfull. Location is okay even though if next time going to Kyoto I would rather prefer to stay closer to Shijo or Gion or somewhere close to the Ishibe-Koji Street. So if you go to this Ryokan - stay only 1-2 nigths then its okay but for longer stays I wouldnt recommend - there has to be better accomodations in Kyoto for the same price!

• Stayed April 2009
Travelers also viewed these Kyoto hotels
Guesthouse Tu Casa
Kamuroan
#6 of 133 in Kyoto
Motonago
#9 of 369 in Kyoto

Been to Sakura? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sakura

Property: Sakura
Address: 433 Kamibentencho Shimokawaradori, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0822, Kyoto Prefecture
Location: Japan > Kinki > Kyoto Prefecture > Kyoto > Kawaramachi / Karasuma / Shijo Omiya
Ranked #54 of 133 B&Bs / Inns in Kyoto
Hotel Class:3 star — Sakura 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rakuten, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Sakura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.