This is a nice ryokan close the the famous Fushimi Inari Taisha which is run by a family and good for short trips. I have listed the review in points to help people who are looking into this ryokan for future stays.
1. Very warm welcome from the hosts
2. The Ryokan is very well placed for transportation and sightseeing, being next to the Fushimi Inari station and 5 minutes away from the JR inari station, which so happens to be next to Fushimi Inari Taisha.
3. Tea is provided when you return from visits and sometimes snacks are provided as well.
4. The breakfast if you pay for it is very large and has lots to choose from.
5. Rooms are quite spacious.
6. The hosts enjoy talking and are very helpful in relation to finding places to visit.
1. The room that we stayed in did not have a lock, even though the hosts are there all day leaving valuables with people you don't know (such as other guests) can be a little disconcerting.
2. The pillows took some getting used too.
3. Shared toilet and bathroom - both were well kept but it was hard being able to schedule when you could use the facilities.
4. Sound proofing is minimal and you can hear what is going on outside/in other rooms.
5. No wireless internet in the rooms - there is free wifi at the cafe on the strip to inari taisha which you can use.
6. The area has many eateries but most close at around 8pm so can be hard if you feel you want to eat a bit later than usual.