“Just a great hotel”

Hotel Granvia Kyoto
Ranked #17 of 374 Hotels / Ryokan in Kyoto
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Everything with hotel is spot on:
Wonderful polite and kind service from every member of staff who always knew or found the answer;
Great location, sitting on top of the station and in the heart of the city;
Lovely spacious room - though I may have been upgraded - not sure - I was on 10F;
Wonderful food, including the most enormous choice at a delicious breakfast on 2F, with other restaurants on 15F and 3F also serving fabulous food of various cuisines at lunch;
Even though it is in the city centre and next to the station, unbelievable quiet hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Granvia Kyoto

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Kyoto Station is right below the hotel with easy access to Osaka, Tokyo, etc. The Deer Park in Nara is a short train trip away. For those who enjoy shopping and food, therein the underground mall and restaurants nearby. The room is of reasonable size and well-equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay. I have stayed here twice within a year!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is a brilliant location!

Firstly for the access to the bus station - which is the best way to get around kyoto
Secondly for its proximity to shopping malls with floors of restraunts - great variety of reasonably priced food
Thirdly for its proximity to tourist information (in the station)
Fourthly for the location in the station - which is likely to be how you get to and/or leave kyoto!

The room was spacious with great views, breakfast a bit average but fine, quiet despite the location on the station.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Very near to Shinkansen station. And next to a really huge Isetan departmental store. We paid a little more to get a room on the top floor with lounge access. Had a really nice view of Kyoto tower with mountains in the far background.
Economical as well. Not very expensive for the convenience.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Lovely hotel to stay at which was well located (right on top of the station) in Kyoto. Helpful staff and good access points (door direct to station, main Kyoto and bus area) meant that we were able to go everywhere we wanted to go easily. Huge variety of restaurants located within a two minute walk meant that we were well fed. The room was large with a great picture window overlooking the whole of Kyoto. The beds were the most comfortable we had our whole Japan trip and the staff were polite and helpful. Although we stayed there during a major electrical test, we were well informed about the event and it did not disrupt our stay. The bathroom had the best shower I have ever experienced (rainfall showerhead with three jets for your back) and the toilet opened right up whenever you were nearby. The one gripe I have is that no coffee was available within the room unless you paid for it - most hotels now offer free tea and coffee as standard, particularly at the price we were paying, although green tea was plentiful. Spacious and with quality wifi and breakfast, I would definitely stay here again and recommend others to do so!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank alexandragfh
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had an eventful stay in Kyoto due to the fact that I fractured my ankle at the Fushimi -Inari Shrine. On arriving back at the hotel the Concierge staff arranged transfer to a local hospital and a wonderful staff member to translate and assist us. The next day a staff member waited at the hospital to get me an appointment. She then again escorted me to the hospital and translated and assisted us. The Concierge staff have gone beyond their call of duty. Their kindness and attention have been truly amazing.
Before my accident I was going to write a review to recommend the position of the hotel right at Kyoto Station an escalator ride away. Makes it so easy to access all the attractions Kyoto has to offer. There also many restaurants and shops in easy walking distance.The rooms are also well appointed and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.
Bravo Granvia Hotel!!,

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank 61pixie
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here on a spontaneous 5 day trip to Japan. I had never been to Japan before this trip and I wanted to get as many sights in as possible during the Kyoto portion. Given that this hotel is on top of the train station, it was very easy to go to Arashiyama in the morning, come back for a 2 hour nap and charge my camera, go to the Inari torii shrine in the early afternoon, come back for a quick nap again, and then head out to Ippodo tea house in the early evening. Yes, I was exhausted, but being able to have easy access to transportation and quick sightseeing was worth every penny to stay here.

The room itself was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful, especially since I don't know any Japanese. I am planning a trip with my husband to Kyoto this November and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo