Hotel Granvia Kyoto
Hotel Iida(Kyoto)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
3,258 results
All reviewstrain stationle tempsgranvia loungedepartment storestation complexconvenient locationcan't beat the locationhotel restaurantsexcellent locationhigh floorlarge hotelyour doorstepconcierge servicecity viewkansai airportsuperior roomeasy access
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My first impressions when I arrived were not good. They told me they had lost my booking and were not sure if they had a room for me. They eventually found a double room and told me to come back 3 hours later to check in.
When I came back to check in they had changed my room to a lower standard one.
I complained as I was sick and tired of them not knowing what they were doing and they upgraded me.
From then on the service was good but it tainted my impression.

The location is fabulous - vey convenient with the adjacent railway station.
I would highly recommend the buffet breakfast - really great! The room was quite spacious too and it was quiet even given the location by a train station.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank haybeth
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for six nights in this luxurious hotel. Our room was the most spacious of the seven hotels in which we stayed during 21 days in April 2013 and was very welcoming each time we made the rather long walk from the lifts. The hotel is right above the railway station and beside a major bus terminal so that all the sights on our schedule were achieved easily by foot, bus or train, either the JR lines or the subway. After arriving from Okayama mid-morning, the staff were extremely helpful and made us welcome although the room could not be accessed till the afternoon, a common procedure we discovered during this trip. As there are plenty of sights, shopping centres and restaurants near the hotel, this was not a problem. The Kyoto railway station itself is an architectural wonder which could be overlooked if you have too busy an itinerary. Wifi was complimentary. We did not eat in the hotel which however provided a vast array of Japanese and international restaurant choices if guests did not wish to go out from the hotel in the evening.

2  Thank Adrian C
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at Granvia for 10 nights during our recent visit to Kyoto. Among the five Kyoto hotels we had stayed over the years, this is the best in terms of spaciousness of room and location. The hotel is actually inside the Kyoto Station, with guest rooms located from the 7th to 15th floor. Our room at the 7th floor faced the railway tracks. However, the soundproofing of the room was so good that we practically did not hear any noise generated by trains. The room was rather spacious, with a big closet to put our suitcases. The room and the bathroom/toilet were clean. Newspapers (alternating among Japan News, International Herald Tribune and Wall Street Journal) and free internet were provided. The location of the hotel makes it very convenient to take buses, trains and subways to various spots. Underneath the station, there are several interconnected underground shopping malls with many small shops and restaurants. We had all our meals in those restaurants which offered good and inexpensive food. We enjoyed out stay at Granvia.

1  Thank suathong
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I will go with a less is more approach here - it was very good.
Bed was LARGE (after some tiny ones, it was most welcome), shower the best I have ever had, and room was large and spacious.
The staff were so welcoming and friendly I thought they must be angling for a tip but that didn't seem to be the case.
The location was great for our two nights in Kyoto and made the connection back to Tokyo very easy.

Room Tip: The corridors are very long, so if you don't want a three minute walk to you room ask the staff for something closer to the lift.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here two nights in April at the start of an organised tour. This Hotel was an excellent choice from the excellent location - we arrived by bus to the warm welcome from the reception staff.
We stayed on the Granvia Lounge floor and whilst the room may have been small we found it to be more than adequate. The BBC was available on the TV and best of all the shower was unbeliveably hot!!!! something I was going to enjoy throughout Japan.
We had lunch and two breakfasts in the main restaurant and all meals were excellent even though they were all buffets - something I normally do not enjoy. However the food was fresh and both Japanese and Western dishes were available.
Should we return to Kyoto we would defintely stay here again. I really could not fault this Hotel.