All reviewstea housebeautiful hotelsushi restaurantpond gardenbeautiful poolonsen eggthe general managerone bedroom suitelounge barluxury hoteljapanese gardenpremier roomexceptional hotelturn down serviceconcierge teamthe ritzbreakfast buffet
Reviewed August 13, 2018

a wonderful experience! Attentive and kind staff that made the hotel really wonderful! Amazing rooms that were clean and beautiful! Delicious food both in the restaurant and delivered to the room! My friends and I loved it here!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
FSKyoto, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Dear ClaireWaller26,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you and your friends to Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto.

I am delighted to learn you enjoyed the dining experience and the comfortable stay in your room. Our room is designed reflecting the beauty of our pond garden with colour schemes of moss green and nature as well as Kyoto purple and a touch of Japanese influence and I hope you enjoyed this aspect.

We look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you and your friends back to Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Amazing hotel, incredible rooms facing a park, beautiful breakfast room looking at a lake. Concierge and staff, as in all Four Seasons, doing everything they can to help you and making your time in Kyoto the best.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear pedro g,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor! I am glad to learn you and your family had a memorable stay with the rooms overlooking the Shakusui-en pond garden and the breakfast experience at the Brasserie as well as the service provided by our team. The weather has now become slightly cooler as Autumn approaches and the patio and outer deck directly on the pond is an amazing place for breakfast and for sure a sundowner as evening approaches.

We look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

I looked at several properties for my stay and ultimately decided to stay at the Four Seasons. I have status with Starwood; however, location kept me from booking with one of their properties. First off the location of this property is superb. I personally enjoy walking everywhere (exercise) and this property made it easy to walk to many of the temples which were conveniently located nearby. What also made this possible was the fact that the property provided a map of Kyoto (as in it was a Four Seasons map of Kyoto) and the Concierge showed me which temples on the map were the

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Dear A_Jaye,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto and leaving such a glowing comment on TripAdvisor!

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed walking the surrounding area which is close to the historic sites such as Chishakuin Temple, Sanjusangendo Temple, a national treasure and Kyoto National Museum.

I am also happy to learn that you loved our Four Seasons Map provided by our Concierge.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto in the near future!

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a special experience at the Four Seasons in Kyoto. I read through a lot of reviews before booking this hotel to celebrate my wife’s birthday. We had chosen to stay for 3 nights at the property. We booked via Amex Platinum .

Before arriving at the hotel, I had been in touch with Mr. Liam Williams who is a guest ambassador at the hotel. I wanted to plan some champagne, cake, and flowers to be sent to my room at midnight. He was fantastic, very helpful and enthusiastic all the way through. Everything I wanted to delivered on time along with birthday cards with all staff members signatures and kind birthday wishes. We really appreciated the effort put into this request.

The hotel is located in what seems to be a monastery. The contrast of the setting and the building furnished with modern technology and luxury amenities was excellent.

Liam had arranged a corner suite for us, overlooking the beautiful zen garden in the backyard. The garden in centered around a beautiful pond with the “tea house” overlooking it all.

The suite is arranged in a rectangular setting vs a square open space. Despite this, you still feel it is spacious. The bathroom was large enough to be comfortable. (Two bathrooms in the suite).

The service staff was incredible. Truly makes the experience here taken to another level. Staff members remember your name and are always greeting you.

We enjoyed the pool/spa area a lot- took advantage of them as much as we could. Everything was very clean, nicely designed and furnished to give it a next level luxury feel.

We went to breakfast every day- spread was not large very high quality.

Would very much recommend this property. And thank you to the staff for making our stay memorable.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear CLEGo,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto and leaving such a glowing comment on TripAdvisor! I am happy to learn that you had a memorable stay on your wife's birthday and happy belated birthday to your wife!

Thank you so much for your 5-star compliment to our team especially Liam one of our Guest Experience Ambassador's. I feel so happy that his attentive hospitality and service has made your stay more memorable and a fantastic one.

Most of our hotel building including the pool, guest room is designed by Hirsch Bedner Associates, incorporating the beauty of our Shakusui-en pond garden and I hope you enjoyed the aspects inspired by traditional artistry yet exhilaratingly contemporary. The rooms are modelled on traditional wooden townhouses where the narrow frontage gives way to deep interiors.

Thank you again for staying with us on your special occasion - Liam and all of our team look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto in the very near future!

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Located next to the national gardens this Hotel has magical facilities and a wonderful ambience.
So much green that makes you feel like you are in Paradise!
Everything was tidy and clean!
A bit sterilized in my eyes but its in the culture of Japan after all!
I was all day on the roads because of several meetings that I had so I just had lunch and dinner once in the property but it was good with good service. High rates as in every 4season!

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank ruepaul70

Dear ruepaul70,

Thank you so much for staying at Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto.

I am happy to learn that you also enjoy other Four Seasons Properties and enjoyed your dining experience at out hotel. As you mentioned, our hotel is nestled in the Higashiyama district where we have our ancient pond garden and beautiful surroundings such as Sanjusangendo Temple, a national treasure and also the National Museum and I am glad that you loved our location with serenity and tranquility. I trust that your meetings were successful and we would love to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto in the very near future.