My Husband and I stayed in Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo whilst in Japan. When looking for the best hotels we had three requirements 1. Must be in a central / safe location 2. Good Value $$ and Clean 3. Comfortable beds & pillows. If all of these boxes are ticked it didn't phase us if the rooms were tiny etc.
Hotel MyStays ticked all of these boxes and they even had awesome memory foam pillows! The room was surprisingly bigger than the other hotels we stayed in during our trip to Japan and the air-conditioning worked extremely well. The hotel is also in close proximity to the train station and a 'Fresco' is only a few blocks away towards the station - here you will find fresh Japanese delights like, takyaki, tempura prawn, ready made Japanese meals as well as fresh fruit and other general items you'd find in a small supermarket.
We found a fantastic little dining spot along the same street as this hotel called, 'Yayoiken'. It was our first experience ordering and paying for our meals via a vending style machine. The waiter was extremely helpful and must have seen us having trouble ordering. He ushered us into a booth and gave us English menus and even took my Husband across and showed him how to operate the vending machine. The atmosphere at this little spot was great and the food was delicious.
I wouldn't recommend dining in the restaurant located on the ground floor of MyStays, we purchased a breakfast voucher from the hotel and discovered there were only two choices available, and there are nicer places if you are looking to have a traditional Japanese breakfast.
If you're looking for somewhere comfortable and clean to crash after a massive day of exploring the city sights then this is it.
- Arashiyama Monkey Park and Bamboo Forest - It's extremely fun to hire a bicycle for approximately ¥1000 per day and ride everywhere!
- Spend a day and head to Hiroshima to view the Memorial and then to Miyajima Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our hotel's modern Japanese design as you explore the historic capital. We are located in the heart of Kyoto, with easy access to all major tourist destinations. Step outside and it's only a short walk to Nijo Castle or Yasaka Shrine. Step inside and take in an undeniably Japanese, yet modern, decor. Perhaps that's why we've received TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence annually since 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MYSTAYS HOTEL MANAGEMENT Co., Ltd., Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel MyStays Kyoto Shijo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.