Lowest prices for your stay
$54
Free cancellation until 12/09/21
Booking.com$47
Priceline$48
Trip.com$53
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019

Location is great as everybody says. But room size is really tiny and there is NO surface to put anything down. I dont know if its just Golden Week prices ( I stayed 27 and 28 April 2019) but at these prices , it is quite poor value.
We have a queen room but I can only get onto the bed from the bottom of the bed once my husband is in bed as one side of the bed is wedged against the window wall. I know Japanese hotels are usually tiny ( I have been to Japan more than 13 times ) and although the size is typical of cheaper hotels, I did expect something a little bit bigger at this price point. This trip in Kyoto we stayed at Daiwa Royal Grande and the rooms were much bigger , newer , nicer and price cheaper although its just before Golden Week, which may be the reason. This hotel is good if its at a lower price point but was disappointing to me simply because its not good value. Otherwise, nothing wrong with the hotel and its very high tech from check-in to check-out.

Room tip: not sure if there are any good views from other rooms, my had none
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank intrepidtraveller124
Villa_Fontaine_Kobe, マネージャー at Hotel Villa Fontaine Kobe-Sannomiya, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

Great hotel!
Good location for exploring Kobe. Plenty of restaurants right around the corner and way to much high end shopping within a 10 minute walk.
Very close to the train station and a nice sized room.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Villa_Fontaine_Kobe, マネージャー at Hotel Villa Fontaine Kobe-Sannomiya, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing us.

The Management and Staff would like to thank you for the wonderful comments.
Thank you for reviewing us and we appreciate your feedback.

Your opinion was helpful. Help improve our service

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Really good sized room with plenty of space for luggage. Free Wi-Fi and smart mobile phone.
Front desk although very helpful did not speak English well. However, this did not matter much since they were very accommodating.
Good range of breakfast selection, but limited for vegetarians.

Room tip: Rooms on tenth floor were quiet and nice views of the city
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 22taj
Villa_Fontaine_Kobe, マネージャー at Hotel Villa Fontaine Kobe-Sannomiya, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2018

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

One of the best decisions Ive made was to book in this hotel! Hotel Villa Fontaine was so eady to get to - just 5 minutes from JR amd 6mins from Hanshin. It also had a mall right beside it with a grocery and Daiso making it so convenient! The pleasant surprise was the breakfast - I had one of the best scramblee eggs Ive ever had! Even better than the Australian Dairy in HK which I had to line up for! The only down side of the stay was the internet which was slow and kept disconnecting. Great stay!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Villa_Fontaine_Kobe, マネージャー at Hotel Villa Fontaine Kobe-Sannomiya, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

I don't think I've ever felt so strongly about a hotel to post an initial impression before I even stay... The English speaking senior receptionist was probably the most unfriendly receptionist I have encountered in my 5 weeks of travel in Japan. The less than 10 minute interaction with the front desk made me regret even booking this hotel. Despite the good reviews on Google and Tripadvisor, the initial contact definitely failed to meet my expectations. We will see how the stay goes...

Date of stay: July 2018