“Fun place to grab dinner”

Chinatown (Nankinmachi)
Book In Advance
More Info
$755.98*
and up
Private Kobe Custom One Day Tour by Chartered Vehicle
Ranked #16 of 385 things to do in Kobe
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a delicious meal made up of dishes available from stalls. In the middle of it, there's a small park-like area with some statues, a large map, and outdoor seats. Highly recommended is the Kobe Steak Burger place, and the stall next to it which often has a long line, and has a wide variety of noodle, dumpling and fried dishes. Damnit, I'm salivating just thinking about my awesome dinner.

Skip the snow-cones covered in syrup, horrible Turkish ice-cream, and other savory dishes not prepared fresh.

1  Thank Daro2
There are newer reviews for Chinatown (Nankinmachi)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wasn't disappointed after seeking out the Chinatown area. Had a delicious set lunch in one of the many restaurants. The area is much the same as Chinatowns all over the world. Lots of colour and smells of great food. Took some nice photos here.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Located just to the south of the Santica Shopping Mall, Chinatown is very picturesque and a nice place to take photos. I have been there on previous travels to Japan. Many places to eat, but I have no recommendations. After awhile, it just seems to be another tourist trap.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was during the Japan's Golden Week when I visited this place. Therefore, lots of locals and tourists at every corners.... When strolling here.... there are lots of variety of chinese food you can choose and test-tasting. The atmosphere is all smell nice food and seeing the steam from those buns stalls. I can say that is is the cleanest Chinatown I've ever been to (comparing to other countries that I visited to).

3  Thank BellaWong-SDK
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Much as I hate to admit, Chinatown is often one of the shabbiest parts in any given city. But the Kobe Chinatown is different- perhaps because the Japanese are over-the-edge-ly hygienic.

As a Hong Kong local, I'd say the "Chinese food" offered there are not exactly genuine, but still good nonetheless.

Beware of some gourmet traps though- I went to a buffet that only charges 999 yen and bang, what a disaster!! The food was all cold, the shrimp chips stale, and the only edible dish was the salad. That restaurant is right next to the central Pavilion and very near to the place which sells tasty pork buns. So my tip is, beware when choosing where to eat!

3  Thank guneingdoe