“Great view!”

Kobe Portopia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Kobe
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We've stayed this hotel for 1 night, after gone to Universal studios Japan. It takes 30 minutes by car.
From our room, we could see the Kobe city, sea and port! It was so beatiful.
Our room was not large, but its cleaned and confortable.This hotel has lots of restaurant, a Spa, a pool and the others... so you can enjoy staying for trip or business.
There are IKEA, Kobe port near the hotel. I recommend this hotel if you will visit to Kobe. Of course I also want to come again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dolcevita0623

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is next to the Kobe International Conference Centre on Port Island, about 15 minutes from the centre of Kobe in Sannomiya. As I was attending a conference, the hotel worked very well for me, but I suspect that tourists visiting Kobe would be better located in the city centre. The room I had was comfortable, though the furniture was slightly dated, and it was in the South Block, which seems to be older than the main building. The hotel was full of various groups, who tended to take their breakfasts around 7:30, and this led to queues and pressure on the staff. I would recommend a later breakfast if this is possible. The restaurant on the 30th floor has great views but offers more or less the same as the restaurant on the 2nd floor. Generally the service was efficient but characterless, and I didn't like the rigid enforcement of check-in times, having arrived at around 11AM off an overnight flight and being made to wait until 3PM before I could get into my room.

Room Tip: Although the South Block rooms are older and a bit shabbier than the rooms in the tower, they are la...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Room was good, views and location interesting and although staff were very polite and formal, they weren't necessarily very informed, flexible or helpful. I resent paying for use of pool and exercise rooms and it seemed very expensive if you wanted to check out even 1 hour later than scheduled.

30th floor restauarent was great for breakfast, although at least one day there were long queues to get seated. 2 nd floor breakfast was a bit of a zoo- crowded and staff couldnt keep up with food replacements on buffet.
I had an excellent, but expensive meal at the formal Japanese restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank djcalberta
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago, but I thought it was a great experience while stayed at this hotel. Good location, good service, and good in everyway. Just amazing!! I loved the food as well. But there was a problem when I tried to change my money, caused the staff lil'bit not understand english. But that didn't matters.

I travel with all my friends from Indonesia. All of us loved it, altough it was expensive hotel due I thought this is a best in Kobe. And so nice met my Japanese friends there.

Also it was a lil'bit confused when there,because it so so so big and large hotel.

Success for Portopia Hotel..arigatou!!!

Room Tip: Choose upper room, to get a great view. you can see the over of Kobe :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Kobe Portopia Hotel 擁有非常舒適的環境,以及很多好吃的食物,特別是神戶六甲山牧場的牛奶。你可以在一間位於高樓層的餐廳觀賞整個神戶市區、神戶港、以及神戶機場的景致。如果你將要到神戶旅遊或從事商務,我非常推薦你可以來住這裡。住在這裡五個晚上是我永生難忘的回憶!
Kobe Portopia Hotel has a very very comfortable environment with many delicious food, especially the milk of Rokko Mountain farm at Kobe. You can see the whole beautiful scene of Kobe downtown, Kobe port and Kobe airport at the restaurant which is located at a high floor. I highly recommend you to live here if you are going to Kobe even for tour or for business. Living here for five nights is an unforgettable memory for me!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here the night before we flew out from Osaka. We wished we could have stayed longer as it was one of the nicer hotels we've stayed in and we snagged a real bargain with 75% off. It wouldn't matter what side of the hotel you stayed in as the views are fantastic. The rooms facing back to Kobe and the mountains are preferable.
Buffet breakfast was delicious with a huge selection of European and Asian dishes. You couldn't really want for more, except vegemite!
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was overstocked with all sorts of goodies. And for those who haven't experienced the Japanese toilets, the ultimate was here. If you don't like to sit on a cold seat, then no problem, they're heated!
They have a free bus to take you in to Kobe city every 30 minutes.
After we checked out, we drove 5 minutes to the ferry terminal for a 15 minute ferry ride to Osaka Airport.
A great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

It was a tall tower in the reclaimed land in Kobe. It was far from city centre but quite near the airport. There is a shuttle bus to city centre so u don't need to worry about the transportation. A restaurant at the top floor is extremely nice to vote the whole city as well as the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012