“Home Away from Home”

Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Kobe
Greenville, South Carolina
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My stay at the Crowne Plaza Kobe was a lengthy one. Over 6 months in total with only 2 trips back to the States to see the family. It's been a while now and I'm not sure if the same staff members are still working up on the 31st floor but they were AWESOME! It's tough being away from family but the staff always started my day off proper during breakfast and greeted us in the evenings with cold beverages heavy h'ordeuvres. Only place to stay in Kobe!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank johncmitchell3
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear johncmitchell3,
Thank you very much for your recent review of your last stay with us.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities we offer.
Your home away from home is waiting for your return anytime.
I will be very proud to pass on your comments to our club lounge colleagues.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have now stayed at ANA Crowne Plaza in Kobe 4 times and regard it as "home" while in Japan.

The hotel is mid range and a little dated in décor. However, the service is anything but mid range and dated. Efficient, courteous and helpful at all times. Nothing is too much trouble to do quickly and efficiently.

As an example, I was having a drink in the exec lounge and sampling some of the Japanese "canapés". Not knowing what they were or how to eat, I pressed on regardless. One of the young ladies working there, Leila from Brazil, noted my "lack of knowledge". She asked me if I was familiar with the local foods on offer, giving me the opportunity to learn rather than making me feel stupid. I said no, and she gave me a run down on each. She did not have to do this, but it came so naturally, I am sure she looks after customers this way regularly.

It is the little things that count, not the size of the bathroom.

Room Tip: Try an executive room. Not a lot extra, but it includes breakfast in the exec lounge, business facil...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JeanRaphael, Directeur général at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Ian T,
Greetings from your home away from home!
Thank you for staying recently in our hotel. I am very happy that you can call this home, now, and more than pleased that you appreciate our service. I am sure that Leila, with whom I will share your comment, will be thrilled to see that her excellent service has not gone unnoticed.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Kobe soon, and I hope that I will have the opportunity to meet with you then.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel location is close to the Shinkansen and subway.
Breakfast is buffet style. The menu and quality are quite high. I love this hotel for stay and eating for breakfast. If you have not time dinner time. You can go to B3F for Daiei - Supermarket. It is useful to buy something for a quick dinner at the room.
Finally, very clean hotel and good staff working at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear IchiryoS,
Thank you very much for sratying at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe recently.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our buffet breakfast.
We are indeed proud of it with more than 60 different kinds of food on display.
I will convey your comment on the staff as well as they are always keen to receive kudos.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel next time you are in Kobe.
Mount Isa, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is amazing!! The rooms are large and clean, excelent amenities and close to Shin-Kobe station. The staff are also amazing and are friendly and more then happy to help you with anything you need. Great View too!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear natjayne81,
Thank you for your recent stay in our hotel and well, thank you very much for posting such a nice comment.
I am particularly happy because it seems that we have been able to reach your expectations and live by our vision, which is the create a Great hotel that guests love.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Kobe,
England
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A big room, a great view, a large comfy bed, a decent internet connection, and an easy location next to the shinkansen (bullet train) station. But the place is not without its problems - there was not only a queue for check-in but also then a 10 minute queue for the lift to the room, (although we did not have a problem subsequently). The rooms have a strange arrangement with the washbasin outside the bathroom behind a screen from the rest of the bedroom. It works ok until you get up in the night when lights and water disturb a partner in a way that doesnt happen in a normal bathroom. And temperature control seems to be non-existent - maybe its different when the a/c is on in the summer - but in winter if you are hot you are staying that way.
Breakfast was pretty good (more fresh fruit would be good) in a nice bright room, though quite how the bacon contains eggs as they warn you escapes me. And as elsewhere in Japan the staff are unfailingly polite and as helpful as they can be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Andy1w,
Thank you for staying at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe in January 2014.
We are quite happy that you had a good experience at our hotel, especially that you enjoyed your bed and our staff service.
I have noted your comments on the waiting time upon check-in and or the elevator and I have asked the front desk manager and our engineer to look into this issue to solve it.
As for the AC and the wash basin issue, we are looking into a renovation program to upgrade all our bathrooms and having a self controlled AC in each room. I cannot unfortunately give you a time frame on this but will as soon as the works are approved.
Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to be able to welcoming you again soon in Kobe.
With my best regards
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I'm in Kobe in every three months and always stay here.
The rooms are good, but only if you don't choose economy/single. Finally they have a fast internet connection, which is included in room price. If you have a city view room, the panorama is amazing. The best point is, that Shin-Kobe station is in walking distance (actually connected with the hotel by a passage).
The negative point is, that the gym is not included in the room fee, and you cannot enter the pool with tattoos.

Room Tip: City view!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JeanRaphael, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Biguss,

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your last stay with us.
I am particularly happy that you enjoyed our fast internet connection that we provide for free in all rooms.
Next time you visit us, please try a room on the club floors as gym and pool usage is included.
Regarding the ban on tattoos, it is a culturally sensitive issue here in Japan and most hotel and public pools have the same stance.
We are definitively looking forward to welcoming you again in Kobe soon,
With my best regards
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The room was very average for Japanese standards in the sense of fanciness, yet the service and the view from the room is simply stunning. Room is spacious, so you could've opened up multiple suitcases and yet ensure your walking space easily. Location is close to the Shin-Kobe station (Bullet train station), so for business purpose you cant ask for more. Additionally, you've got the metro stop right in front of the hotel for downtown. If you want a upper class experience I highly recommend this place even you'll pay the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shinosan1988,

Thank you very much for your nice comments following your stay over the New Year.
Our staff will be delighted to hear that you particularly appreciated the service we delivered.
As you mentioned we are also very conveniently located within walking distance of the Shinkansen station and right above the subway.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back soon,