“winter is not a good time for visiting”

Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden
Book In Advance
More Info
$745.74*
and up
Private Kobe Custom One Day Tour by Chartered Vehicle
Ranked #2 of 389 things to do in Kobe
Reviewed December 29, 2013

winter is not a good time for visiting the gardens, there was nothing to see, almost died. only plants in glass house still green. the most interesting was a amazing city view from ropeway.
if you visit kobe during spring, summer or autumn- this gardens should be added in your list but i would not recommend for winter.

1  Thank Alistitle

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Was initially deciding between an afternoon trip to Mount Maya or Arima Onsen. Ended up at the Nunoki Herb Garden & Ropeway instead which was highly recommended by one of the staff at the Tourist Infomration Centre at JR Sannomiya Station. Did not regret one bit coming here as it was a nice getaway away from the bustling city centre of Sannomiya, and yet not too far as Shin-Kobe is just one subway station away.

Managed to see some nice autumn colours (despite the foliage being slightly later this year). Somehow or another, this place isn't really crowded (maybe somewhat less well known/under-rated) so it is also a nice change of pace going through the course without crazy crowds, looking at the various flowers, herbs, plants, appreciating the beauty of the gardens etc. ..

Would strongly recommend to take the ropeway right up to the top, and then do a downhill walk/hike either halfway (then take the ropeway back) or all the way to the bottom/start point. As you walk downwards, you will come across a glasshouse. Walk further in to the end and you will see an outdoor terrace cum cafe. Beside the terrace is a herbal footbath (just need to pay 100 JPY for the tower) - highly recommend to do a soak for your tired feet, and at the same time, look out for gorgeous views of the Kobe Cityline (refer to photos uploaded).

1  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was top of my list for my one day trip to Kobe, and I am glad I made it.

This place was easy to find from Shin Kobe station. I had wanted to hike up from mid point (at Kaze Nooks) but ended up going all the way up and hiking to mid point instead. It's still breath taking view, and I highly recommend to take your time and smell the flowers (literally), and enjoy the scenery. Towards the end I had to rush down as I was running late for my next stop, so it did feel a little rushed.

Don't skip the Glass House - they are exhibits in there that are quite different so do take a look. There is a cafe and toilet if you need a little break.

Look out for the stunning views on the right as you go and face up, or left and you come and face down. Look out for the waterfall.

Only wished I arrived earlier in Kobe so that I could take my time, and the walk down would be a little challenging for those with knee problems. Not steep but does have an impact of wobbly knees. Definitely nicer to catch this under clear weather, which I did and was much appreciated.

2  Thank random_wander
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I only had a day to spend in Kobe and I'm glad I chose to visit this place because I came home with such beautiful photos of my visit here. I went there at the end of August so there were not much left to see. Even the seasonal flower at that time which was sunflower had stop blooming. I'm sure it would be so beautiful if I had come at other times. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my time there because I was presented with a spectacular view of Kobe from up here. There were not many visitors when I was there which made taking photos a lot easier.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went in the morning, bought the round tickets for cable cars. Cable cars / journey has two phrase .... from A to B (midway) and then from B to C (top of hill). We were told with round tickets we can take the cable cars as many times as we like .... between B and C. HAHAHA. Views of Kobe was really exciting and scary (I quite scare of heights), views of the gardens, hills beautiful. Need to set aside about 2 to 3 hours for this one. There is a glass house with some display, had a nice day here. We bought a type of ticket from Sannomiya train station, I think it was about 980yen per person and it allows us to travel some trains within a day, and some vouchers to off set with the cable car fee. This may be a promotion thing, so check the main train station at Sannomiya if there is any promotion for the month for some attractions ... if so plan early, at least the day before. The promotion tickets will work order cheaper but you must start your day early like 9am.

1  Thank Patricia T