“Melts in your mouth”

Dining options: Reservations
Lakeland, FL
“Melts in your mouth”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My first experience with Kobe Steak, it was tremendous. The chef cooks for us on the hot grill, but first he carefully cooks thin slices of garlic on one side then flips them over until both sides are crisp. Then comes the steak trimming and cooking followed by vegetable cooking and garlic rice. What a meal. I have not eaten steak that tender before. It was well worth the expense.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tony L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Kobe in Kobe, what more can you ask for?”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We really wanted to go to Kobe to have Kobe beef, so this was it!

It’s a 30 year old english style decorated restaurant that serves steak by way of teppanyaki. We came for lunch which I feel is much of a bargain, because the kobe beef lunch (150g steak) was 5000y vs 8500y for 25g more for dinner! The set lunch comes with soup, salad, veggies, steak and dessert. The steak is first presented raw so you can appreciate the amazing marbling. Portions are small but something that rich, not sure I could stomach "american sized" steaks of the same quality.

For additional 800 yen you can order fried rice which the chef cooks in the kobe fat!!! Definitely a must.

We had a great experience, the steak was amazing. Highly recommended, esp for lunch. The restaurant is walking distance from Kobe JR station (10 min walk).

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Celstrial
Geelong Victoria
“Expensive but a definite must do in Kobe”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I agree with the previous reviewers about the quality and presentation and taste of the beef.
We went there for lunch, a steak was 5070 Yen, however we chose to have the larger dinner portion for 13500 Yen per person plus wine. This also included appetiser, entree, soup, dessert and coffee.
Wakkoku is the first restaurant in Japan where we were served wine correctly at near room temparature and in the appropriate stemware. Most other restaurants serve their red wine chilled.
The restaurant is on the 3rd floor of the ANA Crowne Plaza which can be seen to the right as one exits the Shin-Kobe Station. You are exiting the station on the second floor and walking under the covered walkway and entering the Crowne Plaza on the 3rd floor.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Bozz56
Melbourne, Australia
“Yummies! And great value too :)”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I went to Kobe for the Kobe beef. Following the recommendation from lonely planet, I went to this swanky restaurant in the Crowne Plaza complex next to the Shinkansen station. I was not disappointed :)

We had the lunch Kobe beef set menu - it was around 5500 yen (so close to $70, which is super reasonable given the price at dinner is over 10000 yen). The meat was literally melt in your mouth, one of the best things I have ever tasted in my life and cooked perfectly on the teppanyaki by the expert chef in front of us. There were other dishes such as a soup. vegetables and dessert, but really I can't remember them because the beef was that good.

Service was excellent, but that is the norm in Japan. It is a fantastic atmosphere to

Do yourself a favour and try this amazing meat at least once in your lifetime. I know that I'm gonna have to go back for another round in the future. Be sure to book as this place is often packed!

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Melting Beef!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We came to Kobe to try... Kobe beef! After eating at Wakkoku, we were not disappointed.

Wakkoku is a very short walk from Shin-Kobe JR station, situated on the 3/F of the ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel complex.

The ambience is terrific, the staff friendly and businesslike.

But the food, oh, the food. First, we were introduced to our steaks. Nice to meet you! Then, we started with a smoked salmon appetizer and a salad.

The show started when our chef began slicing and dicing our steaks. I had the Kobe tenderloin, which was served in pieces along with grilled veggies and tofu.

The beef was, I have no other way to say this, gorgeous. It just melted in my mouth. Not figuratively, literally!! Wonderful flavor was complemented by this soft, smooth texture. The chef wanted us to use soy and other garnishes and dressing, but I prefer my beef sans sauce. It was the right decision.

The fat got cut up and sautéed, and was just a magnificent addition to our dining experience.

This meal was expensive to be sure, but as soon as you take your first bite, you'll know why!

Eat at this restaurant if you're anywhere in the Kansai region. A short Shinkansen ride will ferry you to Kobe from Kyoto or Osaka. It's worth it.

1 Thank MD_Tor