“not worth my money i paid”

Dormy Inn Hiroshima
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels / Ryokan in Hiroshima
Reviewed August 25, 2012

we came from kyoto and thought we would stay the night instead of moving on to check out the mazda factory. after walking the streets trying to find an available hotel that i was willing to pay around $140 a night for in a NICE hotel , i was told they were all booked out. my last option was here.... and it was more expensive than the very nice and very highly rated cidadines in kyoto! we got a very small 2 single bed room with no wifi and no breakfast for 12500 yen! location well we are talking about hiroshima here... i just wanted to be close to a station. would i stay here again.... well only if it was around $60 aud a night or 5000 yen.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was incredibly pleased with my service. The staff were very kind and helpful. The location was ideal. The price was reasonable and the hotel was quiet. There is not a better location for proximity and I enjoyed a lovely dinner next door eating udon noodles. I would recommend this hotel to any friends and travelers.

Room Tip: My window looked out on an ally but it didn't matter because I like to be outside. For those who...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

One of the nicer onsen we experienced. The staff were lovely and helpful - even one particular sweetheart who spoke barely a word of English was running about finding me maps and timetables, he even printed off an English translation of some information of attractions! we had a comfortable room and the staff were very obliging when we asked to leave our luggage post-checkout so that we could walk to the Peace Park. Excellent location, down a quiet street but walking distance to wherever you want to go.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Hotel Dormy Inn is definately 1 of the best sento hotel in Hiroshima. It is just located within 5 minutes walking distance to the Peace Memorial Park with a tram station located within 3 minutes walking distance away. If you are carrying big luggages and do not want to take tram from the Hiroshima Station, perhaps you could take the free shuttle services provided by the hotel. Do not worry about your heavy luggages as they will pick you up right in front of the station and drop you at the door step of the hotel for free. The schedule for pick up from the station for weekdays is from 5 pm onwards and for weekends as well as holidays are from 4 pm onwards. Shopping street is just located within 10 minutes walking distance away from the hotel. Sento at level 8 of the hotel is a must try. Due to high popularity of the hotel among the Japanese businessmen, visitors of the sento are only consists of Japanese hotel guests. This could be due to we are the only foreign tourists staying in th hotel during that time. Japanese breakfast serving some Western breads is inclusive in the hotel room rate and is the best breakfast I ever came across in other hotels of Japan. Although the room is relatively small which is normal size for hotels in Japan, but the hotel looks brand new and clean thanks to the clean & hygenic concious of the Japanese. 2 table-top PC located at the lobby provides free internet access for all hotel guests. Do not forget to pre-book the free shuttle service to the station T the hotel counter a day before. Overall, I rated this hotel 100 points & will definately stay back in this hotel if I go back to Hiroshima.

Room Tip: I am not sure whether there are any bigger rooms or not but look at the floor plan on the wall nearb...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank GlobeTrackerMalaysia
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The hotel is very close to Peace Memorial Park. the breakfast is both japanise and european. The price is quite good. Rooms not too large, but comfortable. Wonderful SPA at 8th floor, free for guests. Easily reacheable by tramway from station. Shuttle bus available for free. I recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lurens_55
Reviewed July 23, 2011

You can enjoy the Japanese spa in the middle of town. This is the largest attraction of this hotel. The room is small but clean and comfortable. After hot and humid day, I returned to hotel and had bath before going out for dinner. I felt very refreshed. If you have no difficulty in Japanese food, the buffet breakfast is also excellent in value for money. I enjoyed the octopus rice ( very local food ) and it was very good. Only one downside is that there are few instructions re use of many functions in the room but you can manage just by trying to find switches to turn the light of bathroom,for example. I will definitely come back to this hotel and actively consider this hotel chain when booking hotels in other Japanese city.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My Girlfriend and I spent one night at the Dormy Inn on a recent trip to Japan. Like many visitors our purpose was to visit the peace memorial and we only budgeted two days and one night for this part of the trip (we really could have used at least one more full day, it is a unique and interesting city).

The hotel is fine, for the price it is very good indeed. However finding the place wasn't easy. We walked from the train station (its about a half hour walk and pretty easy to get to the locale) however the Hotel isnt very prominently signed so we walked past it a couple of times before asking directions in another hotel.

We used the laundry facilities and the Onsen both of which were very good. Breakfast was.....um......interesting but a fun experience.

Would I stay there again, I don't know to be honest but we will definately be visiting Japan again and Hiroshima is on the list to go back to.

If you can get the Dormy at a good price and you don't need the comfort of a five star hotel then this place is fine.

Enjoy Japan, we sure did.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple