We stayed in this Hotel in June. Very comfortable, buffet breakfast was good, rooms a little on the small side as is the bathroom but this is standard in Japan. WiFi in rooms cost us $5 - AUD per day. Fantastic location to get everywhere. Located right on the JR Train line but did not notice the train noise at all. Macdonalds is in the train station as is many other eateries and resturants. There is also a liquor shop and grocery store there as well. A massage clinic is also in the group of shops at approx. $1AUD per minute.
On the roof is a Mediterean Resturant that offers an all you can eat buffet and all you can drink including alcohol beer wine and spirits from 5.30pm till 10pm. The food was only average but it did include beef steak on the BBQ. Fantastic value at only $32 AUD.
No tea, coffee or milk is available in your room. Only Japanese tea. Electric kettle and fridge is in the room.
Travel tips whilst in Hiroshima.
1. Stay at least 2 days.
2. Don't attempt to do the Peace Park, Museum etc all in one day it is information overload and you can not take it all in. Peace Park one day, Museum next day.
3. Go across to Minyjama Island on the ferry if you have a JR Rail Pass it is free if you can possibly manage to stay overnight, do it, it is a brilliant place for a layover chill out day. The little food stalls with so many different types of brilliant tasting food. The oysters are the best I have tasted in the world on average only $1 per oyster. We found a stall that BBQ in the shell with either a mornay sauce or kilpatrick sauce or they were BBQ on a skewer in garlic butter. For an oyster lover this place was died and gone to heaven. You can also ride a cable car up a mountain where the views over the island is beautiful.
4. There is a little resturant situated on the river on the east side of the bridge over to the peace park. It is an Italian Alfesco style resturant. Great place to chill out over a wine or a beer, or enjoy a coffee and enjoy some starters or a full meal. Good food and reasonable prices. Great place to take a break whilst sightseeing.
There is NO gym/fitness centre or pool in this hotel
Enjoy Hiroshima it is a beautiful place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Granvia Hiroshima in the ideal location directry connected to JR Hiroshima Station.A great deal of sophisticated hospitality welcomes you!Check-in Time 14:00Check-out Time 12:00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Granvia Hiroshima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granvia Hotel Hiroshima
- Hiroshima Granvia Hotel