“Good!”

Hiroshima Hana Hostel
Taipei, Taiwan
“Good!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days 3 nights, I choose japanese room for 2 nights, it's clean and big room for single! I was lived in 2F, and the living room is close to me, I can hear what ppl talking when they speak loudly, I think they should have a notice for ppl who use the public space, it's polite. And after two nights stayed in japanese rooms, I change room to 4-girls rooms, and only me used the room how lucky! room is also clean and and have a bathroom. this hostel is near JR station, and the staff can speak English!
I will choose this hostel in another place in Kansei next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2014

It took 5-10mins walk from JR Hiroshima station. The staffs are friendly and spoke pretty good English. I booked the Japanese floor style room. It is very comfortable. One thing needs to remind the traveller, you need to rent a towel, please do so while you check in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lee-Traveller101
Guanajuato, Mexico
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed only one night in Hana Hostel and we were very happy with the service provided and the japanese room was spacious and cheap. Staff has good commands of English and was very helpful. The hostel is close to the train station, 15 min bus ride to Peace Memorial and 1h30 to Miya-jima island. Don't leave Hiroshima without tasting local okonomiyaki and cakes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fabien P
Finspang, Sweden
Reviewed January 17, 2014

During my visit to Hiroshima i stayed for 3 nights at this hostel. The location is good and tremendously easy to find, very close to the train station to which most tourist arrive with the bullet trains. Very helpful staf that even host smaller events on some weekdays, I know there was a cooking class thing when I was there that I sadly missed out on. The rooms are good, trains could be noisy but the stop running during the night. Fairly equipped common room combined with kitchen area. There are Wifi on all floors and guest PCs in the common room, yes and there is a smaller tv room on the top floor close to the coin laundry facilities. Walking distance to the in town most common tourist attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've stayed here only one night, but is enough to feel like at your own house.
the staff is very nice and the place is very cleaned. they clean it by them self.
keep going like this.
all the best
diana

Room Tip: dorm whit internal bathroom
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Walnut Creek
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My sister and I stayed here two nights and I wish we had stayed longer. We used the directions from their web site to find the hostel and had no problems. Hana Hostel is 8 minutes away from Hiroshima Station when on foot. Great location!

Staff: Friendly, in a word. We got in on Thursday night in time for an Okonomiyaki party! Only 300 yen and all you can eat, met fellow travelers who were staying & got to chat, and had a wonderful evening. Two local Japanese girls stopped by to practice their English and meet people staying at the hostel. Great evening! The staff was helpful when we booked our room and just about bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. They asked if we needed any information on sites around town or any info on how to get to our destinations. Every afternoon they put up tide information for Miyajima.

Room: Clean, clean,clean! We stayed one night in a twin en-suite Japanese room and the next night in a twin en-suite western. Both rooms were clean and wonderful, but the Japanese was the best. The Japanese style was a bigger room and easier to move around in and store luggage, while the western room was sparse on space. Both rooms were wonderful overall. Great night sleep in both rooms.

Kitchen: There is a kitchen for use with plates, toaster oven, sink, etc. Nice to go to the store and pick up some bread and jam for a nice morning breakfast before heading out. Just remember to clean up after yourself.

Clean: The hostel gets cleaned every day! I walked around in white socks all over the hostel and they were still just as white after returning to my room. Now that is clean!

Would highly recommend to all friends and family.

Also, would recommend planning a day at Miyajima (especially if you want to hike around the island). Had a wonderful time there and stayed for both high and low tide. A great experience!

Room Tip: I would choose the twin en-suite Japanese room over western twin
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife & I stayed at this hostel for 3 nights during October 2013. It is situated in a quiet location very close to Hiroshima railway station. It is clean, friendly & has a well-equipped kitchen with free tea & coffee provided.There is a comfortable sitting room with T.V. & a computer with internet access.There is free wifi. I would recommend this hostel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple