“Loved it!”

Backpackers Hostel K's House Hiroshima
Bathurst, Australia
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Friends and I stayed at k's- what a fantastic introduction to traditional Japanese style accommodation.
We loved our room! Very clean and the most comfortable blankets and pillows.
The hostel is in an excellent location, close to the train and tram!
All the staff were so friendly and helpful! We wouldn't hesitate in staying there again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Easy place to stay and quite reasonable priced. We walked or tram to the town and the main sights. We stayed in the Japanese-style tatami room which was lovely. Staff at hostel very friendly with good English and advice. Shared bathrooms were clean. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
sydney
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location, friendly and helpful staff and affordable.

But K's house Hiroshima was not the cleanest hostel compared to the other hostels I stayed at during my trip in Japan. But it might be because there were many people staying there, since K's House is quite popular among travellers.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Nat N
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very good location to the main train station. Just about 10 minutes of walking distance to the train station. But you should check the map before, as this ho(s)tel is a bit in a backstreet and if you are not fluent in Japanese language, it might be a bit problem to ask locals.

The rooms are very, very clean and nice. There was a TV and airconditioning in my single japanese style room. It seems that every few days, the rooms are being cleaned and garbage thrown out. On the last floor I stayed was just another room, so there was shared bath and toilet for both rooms. But can't really complain, as this was more comfortable, as other hostels I stayed in during my 1 month Japanese trip.
Staff was really helpfull and nice. Can't remember her name, but she can speak English quite well, which was really nice, as my Japanese isn't that good. They can give you helpfull informations like where to dine out or nearest pubs.
From this ho(s)tel to the main attraction, the 原爆ドーム Genbaku Dōmu it's about few stations by tram or about 20 minutes walking distance. I'm sure I don't need to say why, but this city was completely rebuild, so I'd recommend you to walk from this hostel to the main city attractions.

The prices are bit higher than usuall, but for this small fee, you get very spacy and clean room. Although I was staying in a single room, there was room enough for two, maybe even 3 persons. There were also 2 futons and blankets+pillows.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was the first place I stayed in Japan, and probably the best!
I stayed in a private room with an ensuite and was very happy. I had a double bed, my own bathroom (which looks like a caravan bathroom stuck in a room, but that seems to be the theme in Japan), a tv, an air conditioner and it was quiet!
The location is pretty good. Just down the street is the tram which you pretty much have to catch to get to the main shopping area, or the Hiroshima memorial park, but that's not too big a deal for the price. I walked from the train station to the hostel as well, so if on my first day after a 30 hour trip I could do it, so can you.
Great people, great value for money. I would stay at all of the K's houses in Japan if you can get in!

Room Tip: Get the private with ensuite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This is probably one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in!
The beds are comfortable, the staff are lovely, there are cool common areas to hang out in and a kitchen you can use.
It's a short walk from Hiroshima station and just around the corner from a 7-11 and tram stop so it's very convenient.

• Stayed February 2013
Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was here in Feburary 2013 and stayed in a traditional Japanese room (Ryokan).
The place was very clean and the experience was fantastic. We had to roll our beds out into the room and put the sheets on but that was all part of the fun and experience. The communal showers and toilets were very clean and we didn't use the communal kitchen area so I can't comment on that. Staff were incredibly helpful, and actually made our holiday better by suggesting places we hadn't heard/considered before around Hiroshima that we really enjoyed. Additionally, we arrived very late at night and after calling the front desk, they made arrangements so we could get in.

I would definitely give friends the details of this hostel if they were to stay in Hiroshima, and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends