“Perfect”

Kaitenzushi Toriton Maruyama
Ranked #78 of 12,103 Restaurants in Sapporo
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Food and service excellent. Understanding Japanese helps immensely, opening you to broader range of sushi on the default menu (the English menu has less sushi) and the seasonal specials, such as premium
crab or delicious whale, written down and being hung from the ceiling. Been to all chains in Sapporo (about 6-7 of them) and this one is the best.

Date of visit: February 2017
Write a reviewReviews (112)

Reviewed November 10, 2016

北海道の寿司屋というと期待値が高過ぎて、どうしても評価が辛くなってしまう。美味しい北海道の海の幸を手軽に食べることができるが、メニューには北海道産のネタは半分程度。あとは日本全国や海外から取り寄せた美味しいものなので、観光客にとっては物足りない。正直この程度なら関東でも食べられるし、価格ももっと安いかも。地元の人がちょっとぜいたくしたいなー、というときに行くお店なのかもしれない。

If you have no experience to enjoy Japanese conveyor belt sushi restaurant, you should try. This restaurant has nice, very kind sushi masters who maybe help you. Prices are normal and as you eat only one dish, no problem.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Implementation done, and it was time for a very, very late lunch. I was around the Minami 5 Jōnishi area, but I had it in my mind to eat at Toriton, and the closest one was in "Maruyama" (which is actually closer to Nishinijuhacchome Station), around a mile away.

So off I walked and and got there soon enough. There were quite a number of patrons, given the mid-afternoon tim, so I plunked myself down on a counter seat, and started off with an ice cold Sunotry draft ("nama") on my empty stomach!

The counter is large, offering more than enough seating choices, but there are tables of various capacities toward the back of the restaurant. It's bright and airy inside, and quite cozy.

I was content to pick what I wanted from the conveyor, but spied an American & Japanese couple ordering the "good stuff" (seasonal specialties, in a separate menu), and so I broke the ice and introduced myself. After some banter, they most kindly offered to help me order and yes, I did get the "good stuff", pictures attached as proof.

I liked the shrimp ("amai ebi" & prawn) a lot (had seconds), of course the sea urchin ("uni"), crabs legs ("kani") and salmon selection ("sake"). Most are seasonal, but you really can't go wrong with any of them. This is why Sapporo is Sapporo. This is why you come here.

Highly rated online, I understand why - it's friendly, accessible, with high quality and very reasonable prices (at least compared to my usual haunts in Tokyo). You can eat alone / partake of your daily constitutional, or bring the whole family for a get together.

There are several branches, so check your location beforehand.

Highly Recommended!

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank JeffYB
Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

Very good quality for sushi train! They also have a pretty good gaijin-friendly selection. e.g. California roll, salmon avocado roll, aburi(toasted) salmon with your choice of salt, mayo or the best: miso.
Great tobiko (flying fish eggs), ebi ten maki, and scallop

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Fresh, Fresh, Fresh~~~! I have never eat any sushi is fresh like this! Firstly, this restaurant is the most popular in Hokkaido, so we chose this for sure. Secondly, we have lined up about 1 hour for this dinner, so there is very lively. Thirdly, their service attitude is very well, they will introduce about how you order and what those is in menu. At last, their food is very yummy! Especially, the seafood is very fresh, smooth and silky texture. Since my have my first dinner at there, so we find that Japan's cantaloupe is extremely sweet, very delicious. At last of our dinner, we need to take a taxi to back to our hotel, the waiter help us to call the taxi and introduce about which place we can go to visit or have our meal is the best.

Date of visit: August 2015