“Good location”

Ranked #34 of 166 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Gracery Hotel Sapporo is located just opposite Sapporo JR station and bus station. There are lots of restaurants and shops at that area including Daimaru, Big Camera, Kinokuniya, Gap, etc. If you go there during winter and do not wish to walk outdoor, you could use the underground walkway to connect to JR Sapporo station, shops, cinema, subway, Odori Park, Tanukikoji and Susukino via the underground walkway located at B1 from the hotel. Of course there are a lot to see be it walking outdoor or via underground walkway so you will not find it's too long walk.
In regard to the rooms, I stayed in a semi double bed room, it is small, but I do not mind because this hotel's location is fantastic if you wish to stay near the JR Sapporo station.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great location 5 minutes opposite JR Sapporo station and all the shops and eateries. It is advertised as a business hotel, and in Japan, a business hotel is exactly that, nothing more than a clean room to sleep so you can do your business. Room is really really small, but well designed, with a good small bathroom and showers and plumbing that really works. Hotel is on 7th level and up. Place is immaculate and very very clean. Hardly a lobby to speak of, but there is a nice cafe area with free coffee and tea and free wifi where you can sit ( make up for the lack of space in the room). Free wifi in room is a big plus.

Room Tip: Get a twin or double room at least
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel was really good.

I was a bit surprised at the size of the room though however I realised that for Japan this would be around the average size. The space in the passage could be wider for ease of movement and opening of doors.

The representatives where very courteous and helpful, they even speak English whis is great! I only had one major problem. I stayed here for a conference and on the last day of which had to drag around my suitcase with me because check out is at 11am. No one volunteered information that luggage could be left in the lobby and collected later.

But all in all I have no quams woth staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel is right opposite to JR Sapporo station, which takes less than 3 minutes walk from the hotel to the station. It is very convenient especially for single travelers like me with large suitcase. There are a number of convenience stores, book shops, department stores, restaurants around the hotel so it is very convenient even you only have time to walk around the hotel area.

The hotel lobby located on the 7th floor, with staff speaking good English. The check in and out process were quick. The hotel allowed me to leave the luggage with them in my first check out, until I stay with them again 3 days later. However they didn't send my luggage to the room when I had the second stay with them, and I had to take the suitcase at the reception myself. If they do it would be a bonus point.

The room was clean but quite small, even for single person. Can't image if couples stay there. I couldn't find any space to open wide my large suitcase. The bed is fair in size (for couples), but the pillows are not very good, I had a neck/shoulder ache after my second stay.

The amenities are OK, just standard hotel offers. I do love their apple tea bags.

The sound proof was OK as I never overheard other customers, only there was announcement on the road (perhaps it was close to election during my stay), and the traffic light beeping sound from the morning (My room is facing the station side) annoyed me a bit in the morning.

To conclude I still recommend this hotel to other travelers, if they did not plan to stay at the room for long, just seek for convenience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean and bright room.
Location is great. Directly in front of the JR Sapporo Station.
There is free wifi at lobby and room too.
The lift can go directly to basement that led to train underpass.
The staff are great. They allow us to put our luggage for a few days.
I left my charger in the room and they kept it for me until I return.
The staff can speak English & Chinese too.
There is an airport bus in front of the hotel if you don't want to take train.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steppilee
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed two nights in a single room. It might be a little cramped if you're a really big and tall person, but I thought it was comfortable. You really can't find someplace with a better location in Sapporo, I think. Basically across the street from Sapporo Station, and easy to walk to anywhere downtown.

Staff was friendly and professional, and English level was fine. The view from the elevator lobbies was great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very convenient location in the downtown Sapporo. Walking distance to most of the tourist attractions. The beds are comfortable. It was very nice that the hotel provides luggage storage service but the storage area is in the public area of the lobby. Staff is nice. The lobby also has a public area for resting/eating and complimentary coffee. Free internet. I will come back to this hotel if I go to Sapporo again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family