“Front desk service is fair”

Hotel Monterey Sapporo
Ranked #21 of 176 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The front desk's staff service is fair. We are smoker, and we want to have a smoking room, but the staff said that i book a non smoking room and there is full today and no rooms can change. I stay three nights and the staff does not suggest we can change the room the day after. And seems i am wrong coz I reserve a non smoking room, I never but i don't why he said this.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Location: It is not really 5mins walk from Sapporo JR stn. walk along street level , it may be more direct. Walking underground to look for Exit 18, may cause a lot of detours, from Exit 18, cross 2 crossings and one block is the hotel. In snowy days, it is not that easy hauling bags.
we reserved a taxi thru the hotel on our departure to Sapporo station for just 650Yen. Good deal, a very nice Female driver Kanbayashi.
Hotel entrance is a few wooden door, very difficult to tell it is the entrance

If during summer or warmer season, this location may be better.
It is ok given my rate (I emailed directly to the hotel) was attractive for end of Nov.

Service: Front desk staff with limited English skill. I had a package sent to the hotel for my arrival, after the maze-walk to the hotel , I forgot to ask the front desk, staff didn't mention in fact it arrived. After I settled down and went down to ask, then staff realized and passed it to me.
Don't expect much concierge service, very limited knowledge about tour or restaurants.

very limited staff, it seems the front desk staff are jack of all trade -- reception, bell, concierge and guest service (I asked for extra pillows, the front staff sent them up)
There are some freebies at the front desk for female guests e.g. hand cream, lotion samples.

Room: Standard size, but the furniture showed tired and scratched hope it is not made that way to match the European ambience. Bathroom is small. No safe. a long couch along the window is good for laying things out. very small closet.
The entry area in the room with wall hangers for coats and space for shoes..

We managed to see the white illumination at Odori park.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank yrtx4e
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Good location, only one block to Sapporo JR subway, 2 block from Sapporo JR station,and shopping center in JR tower.
Very helpful service. Good in English.
No smoking room is clean from smoking smell.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We are very delight to stay with this convenience place, Friendly staff, Clean & nice setting. Lovely decor as well. We can go anywhere easily from just 5 minutes walk to JR & Subway stations. We are looking forward to stay here again from our next visit of Sapporo.

Room Tip: Satisfy with everything.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I did not stay in your hotel because I was not able to go to Sapporo and don't have time to cancel my reservation. By the way you charged me for the first day allready which I understand,it's your rule. But I think it not fair. If in case Someone have accident and could not come...
Anyway I'll try to find other hotel next time..

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Supinda P
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We checked in on a delayed flight at 11pm. The manager on duty came out promptly with a smile. We self-drove; daily parking rates are ¥1500. The level of cleanliness was impeccable. We loved the toiletry supplies! The loved the decor; the hotel was like a mini musuem. The furnishings were old (as in like antiques) but well maintained. A place we would come back to!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Cleanliness is excellent. Service is very nice.
Location is OK, 10 minute walk from Sapporo JR station
(I brought with my 5-year-old daughter, so we walked 15 minute from Sapporo JR station without big laggage)
Overall, this hotel is valuable
My family enjoys the stay in Monterey

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family