“Decent for a few nights”

nest Hotel sapporo ekimae
Ranked #52 of 165 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
New York City, New York
“Decent for a few nights”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, very serviceable. Room was very small, but clean. Hotel is located near the JR station, which is convenient, and within walking distance to most downtown sights. Great for a single traveller, a bit tight for a couple. No wifi, just lan, which was a bit of a hassle. Staff were friendly, but didn't really engage with them that much. It's a bit hidden down a side-street, but not hard to find. Overall decent for the price, but just average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tangerang, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in July and I think this is the best hotel I've stayed during my trip to Japan. Room are clean, decent size and comfortable bed, Amenities are great too, we found the laundry room is very convenient. Location is pretty near to JR Sapporo, about 5-10 minutes walk. However, I think the area is lack of cheap dining options. I like staying in the area though, close to Odori Park which is very calming. Front office and staffs are very friendly and helpful. We use luggage forwarding service to and from this hotel, and we kept our luggage in this hotel for 2 days while we were going to Furano and all were served with great care and service. The only drawback is no wi-fi service in room. I will definitely stay again if I come back to Sapporo,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer M
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed July 10, 2013

this hotel is now known as Nest Hotel. Stayed in this hotel end of May 2013. Around 5 min walking from JR Sappora Station and another 5 min walk to Odori Park. Basic amenities provided (toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, body shampoo, tea making facilities). Room size a medium. Still can move about with 2 big luggages. Lack of wifi in the room but lan connection is available. We brought a travel wifi router with us so wifi is not an issue for us. Wifi connection is available at the lobby. Jalan.net provided a good rate for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank alyx1980
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stay in this hotel for 10 night and as a single traveller I am happy with the size of the room and the bed. The room has everything you need such as towel, tooth brush, body wash etc. The location is great, very close to the JR Sapporo station and the subway station, also some site seeing place and shopping area such as the Clock tower and the Odori park. The front desk was very polite and friendly, really enjoy staying in this hotel. This hotel is definitely a very good choice for single traveller. Will stay there again if I visit Sapporo again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shinichi K
durham
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights during the Snow festival and the hotel met my needs. There was a small double bed with the necessities including a small fridge, TV, Toilet with features, shower and clock. Just note that they will not let you check in until 2pm regardless of the room is ready but they will store your luggage. They also have free internet via a cable...this is great! It is in a great location 1/2 between the train station and Odori park (TV Tower side). There is a Tulley's coffee shop around the corner but there is also a restaurant in the hotel.

You can easily walk to the train station which is about 15mins walk.If leaving the Sapporo train station exit out onto the street in the direction of the TV tower (Odori Park) 3 blocks down and 1 block left. It is on one of the side streets across from the Mercure hotel (I think). There is also a 7 Eleven and another popular convenient store near by if you want snacks or food. I often go to these places for an inexpensive lunch. The hotel provides soap, toothbrushes, razors...The soap is not personal size but a large bottle they fill up. They also provide pajamas or sleepwear.

I rarely used the subway but it is easy to use. I used it to go to one of the few temples in the city. Sapporo doesn't have the traditional look as the other island, it is much more modern and not far from the Ainu villages near Nibutani. The city is walkable and you can ask the front desk for a map to get around. There is also underground shopping and an underground walkway from Odori to the Sapporo Station. This is great when it is cold and snowy. Yes, if you go in the winter it snows frequently at unexpected times so make sure you have warm clothes and non-slip shoes. They keep the roads and sidewalks pretty clear on the main city streets but on the side street of the hotel it is very icy and lots of snow. I would stay here again because of the location.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and the room was fine.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at Sapporo for 3 nights, my last night at Chisun Hotel Sapporo while another 2 at R&B Hotel Sapporo Kitasannishini (pls see my another review). Having compared the single room of these two hotels, it's clear that Chisun provides a bigger bed, a slightly more spacious room, equipped with amenities that I didn't find in another: a chair (w/ wheels), an ironing board, a mini water kettle set, a multi-purpose air purifier and I guess especially good for female travellers: a facial steamer & mini water-vapour generator. Even though there is no wardrobe, which is commonplace in these budget hotels, I like that they have allocated some space for you to hang the clothes (vs. hanging your clothes onto the wall) & I also find them thoughtful to have provided an anti-static spray.

Hotel staff are warm and helpful. Though I don't speak Japanese, when I asked them about good soup curry eateries and drugstore for cold medicine, they gave me very detailed information in simple English.

This hotel is in good location, about 8-minute walk from JR Sapporo Station. Just don't confuse it with Chisun Inn, which is close by but located on the 6/F in another building.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GromitCool
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We paid a low price for our semi double bed, at only SGD44 per night because we booked hotel & flight via an online travel website. Despite so, the hotel did not stinge on providing basic amentities to us, such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razor, toothbrush & toothpaste, green tea, etc. They even provided us with a few packets of bath powder so that we could soak in their bathtub! And all their towels were new & clean. There is a bidget function in the bathroom too. They even provided us with a bottle of spray deodorizer so that we could used it to get rid of any unwanted smell in the room. I guessed they must have put it there because I requested to change my room to a non-smoking room & I told them we are both non-smokers. So they must have paid attention to guests' little details such as these. How thoughtful!

The hotel is located in a side street, so it is quiet at night, which means a good night's sleep!
Even so, it is near to tourist spots, especially Clock Tower.

The front desk was warm & helpful, & they patiently anwered my queries. I read from reviews that some travellers were upset with their standard of English but that does not bother me since I speak decent Japanese.

However, what I did not like was the indecent pamphlets they placed inside the drawers. Not one, but three! Gasps! It is not as if it is a solo male traveller who is using the room! I wish they had common sense to remove such offending materials before guests check in.

I will definitely look for Chisun Hotel chain again the next time I come to Japan. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is located near the end of the corridor as there will be less foot traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple