“Great hideout from the cold”

Sapporo Underground Pedestrian Space
Ranked #6 of 389 things to do in Sapporo
Type: Other
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The underground shopping area is a wonderful place to hide from the freezing cold above ground. I walked between Sapporo Station and Susukino a few times in my 3 days stay and there always seem to be a new shop that I haven't noticed before. There are a whole variety of shops here; from fashion apparels, to cosmetics, to books to restaurants.

During the Snow Festival, there were also booths set up to advertise the various tourist attractions in Hokkaido.

1  Thank crysl_l
There are newer reviews for Sapporo Underground Pedestrian Space

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Sapporo underground is awesome but is not well advertised to non-Japanese speakers. I visited Sapporo with relatives to attend the Snow Festival. We stayed at the Sapporo Grand. We were never told about the value of using the underground. We kind of stumbled on it ourselves and it dawned on us how very useful it was and the shopping options were impressive. I would highly recommend that the City of Sapparo do a better job of advertising the underground pedestrian spaces, especially to gaijin.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This city thrives underground. There are so many resturants, clothing boutiques, and much more! Instead of paying to take the train you can walk from one train station to the next. We walked from Sapporo station to Susukino!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

You need yen and lots of it. Luckily if you come at the right time, seasonal wear is being marked down up to 70% in many shops.
However, checked out some baby clothes at Daimaru and a infant sock was selling for 5200 yen- cute but very costly.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm sure we didn't travel the whole area and we got lost lots of time (although it's not too difficult to figure out where to go as it is well signed). I'm not sure how much of it is totally connected but it appears to at least go from the JR Station and covers most of the area around it. At Odori you can walk all the way across to the Susukino entertainment area (and maybe back to Sapporo Station?).