Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$457
$457
FindHotel
$444
Trip.com$456
Orbitz.com$457
Agoda.com$499
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2019

Rented the cabin with the private onsen for 2 nights. Was very nice during winter and you get a lot of privacy (though that also means view is only a small portion of the sky.) The surrounding area has a few spots to walk to but the few we did were nothing special. The buffet has many choices so there is something for everyone. There was more than enough things in English there to get by. At night you can roast marshmallows in the common area and we were the only group there doing it. Also tried the public bath in the late night and there was only one other person in there showering off. It was very big and it had a nice view of the night sky.

Room tip: Private onsen only has view of sky
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Travel813692, マネージャー at Jozankei Tsuruga Resort Spa Mori no Uta, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Dear HiHiHero,

Thank you for visiting to Mori no Uta and taking your time to share this kind review.
We are pleased to know you enjoyed the view from room, buffet, onsen and baked marshmallows. The view especiall, is really changes each season.
We hope to see you soon, for another experience!

Mori no Uta

Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

A truly beautiful experience. Jozankei is a small hot springs town approx 45 minutes away from Sapporo. A must do itinerary. Skiing in Hirafu and a hot springs getaway to sooth the muscles.

A beautiful hotsprings resort.
This resort has a combination of mass market rooms and also private cottages with private outdoor onsen. This ensures the benefits of a huge main complex with a large onsen facilities, and a professional restaurant area.

Yet the private cottages offers the best of romance in privacy. The outdoor private onsen is so beautiful. Hotsprings in the Hokkaido snow is a joy!!

Highly professional staff and there is a well stock mini mart

Marshmallow sessions at 7 pm and Harp performance at 8 pm and during the day, one can walk around the town with multiple foot hotsprings and a sovernir store etc.

Definitely my personal top 3 resorts in the world. Yes , truly great hospitality experience

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank WaiMingLoke
Travel813692, 予約担当 at Jozankei Tsuruga Resort Spa Mori no Uta, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2019

Dear WaiMingLoke,

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your visit to Jozankei in Hokkaido.
Thank you for taking your time to share this kind review.
I think that getting warm in a outside hot-spring bath and feeling a snow falling on the face is one of the best moments during winter, and I hope you enjoyed that moment.
And we are glad that you enjoyed overall stay with us.
Our warm hospitality awaits your return sometime soon.
Thank you.

Reviewed December 7, 2018

This is a beautiful establishment which is exclude a calming warm ambience. We just spent 2 nights 28 Nov-30 Nov at Mori no uta. This is my family’s 2nd visit after our stay last year. This is a quality hotel with that special Japanese hospitality. When I emailed in advance about booking the free hotel shuttle incoming from Mamokanai Station, they enquired about helping me reserve transport for my departure. I emailed back to inform them I will be taking the public local Donan bus to my next stop. I did not think much about it but when I checked in the Front desk lady brought this up, had prepared and shared Donan timing, direction and rates with me. She offered to make reservation with the local bus for me, and the next day came back with handwritten instructions for me to pass to the Donan bus driver. The care and hospitality went on. It snowed quite a bit and I was worried how my family is going to make a walk about 100 m down a slippery icy slop, to the main road bus stop. The same front desk lady did my checkout, and told me without my asking, that she will arrange to “walk” me down to the bus stop as the snow is heavy. I realised later, about 3 hotel staff, help load our luggage into a van, and drove us 100 m to the bus stop.This is the kind of care Mori offered on my last and current visit. The food tasted great, good quality. the view from the restaurant looked out to a beautiful forest snow scene (enchantingly illuminated). The complimentary mashmellow in the hotel lobby kept my 10yo and 12 yo engaged for 2 hours while my wife and I enjoy the lounge harp concert( again with beautiful snowing backdrop). Onsen was good, big indoor pools, also with 2 or 3 outdoor poolsand overall we had another great relaxing stay. Did a poll and my family unanimously agreed again...we will visit again.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Travel813692, 予約 at Jozankei Tsuruga Resort Spa Mori no Uta, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

Dear pangyhm,

Thank you for coming back to Mori no uta and taking your time to write such a wonderful review.
We are glad to know that you all enjoyed our facilities during your stay.
These days, we can often find a information board written not only in Japanese but also in English in the city, but still there are a lot of difficulties getting details about public transportation in English. We are trying to assist our guests as much as possible to make their stay better. So we are glad that if what we did was helpful for you. And we are sorry for making you confused by the word “walk”. We appreciate that you understood what she tried to say without clear explanation. We all still need to study English apparently and we are working on it. Thank you for your understanding.
We hope you had enjoyed your whole stay in Japan, and we look forward to having you all here again someday in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2018

We were a group of four adults booked into one big room with two single beds and two tatami. The room was clean and spacious. They opened the tatami in the evening for us. Hotel is located at one end of town but town is very small. There was free parking for our car. Hotel has a Putonghua speaking staff Mr. Tsoa who was helpful. The hotel has onsen, a bar and a musician who performed in the lobby lounge twice a day. Buffet dinner and breakfast were included in the hotel price. Food was acceptable but not great; nothing compared with same hotel chain in Onuma Park. A big deer appeared in the garden when we where having breakfast which was fun. I believe this hotel should be one of the better choice in town due to the good service.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Travel813692, 予約 at Jozankei Tsuruga Resort Spa Mori no Uta, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2019

Dear gcyw,

Thank you for your time to share about your stay in Mori no uta!
Jozankeionsen is a very small and quiet area, and we only have some convenience stores, café and souvenir shops. It is hard to see around the area during a winter especially with snow, but I hope you could enjoy the snowing view around during your stay. In each season, you can enjoy different scenery here in Jozankei.
We hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Jozankei.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

We chanced upon Jozankei Tsuruga Resort online whilst searching for a proper hot spring hotel in Hokkaido. We followed the GPS and found our way quite easily to the hotel. Those who drive do take note that the actual entrance to turn into the hotel is a small entrance with stone clearing. The resort is located in the forested area of Sapporo, there is a high chance your room will come with a splendid view of the forests. We stayed in a spacious Deluxe room which had a western styled bathroom.

The hotel is cosy and comfortable. There is live musical performance at the main hall where there is a huge cast iron hearth. You can roast marshmallows there. The hot spring facilities are clean and well maintained. It is segregated by gender. Food choices are rather limited but the team is warm and friendly.

I do recommend it as a good hotel to soak in the hot spring nightly and unwind amidst Hokkaido's natural wonders.

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear BrigL618,

Thank you for choosing Mori no uta during your stay in Sapporo and taking your time to share your experiences here.
We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay here especially lobby concert and hot spring.
We hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Jozankei.