“Great location,modern,stylish,clean,highly recommended”

Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location,modern,stylish,clean,highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

My husband and I were staying in Hotel Keihan Sapporo for a totol of 4 nights in mid October. We booked this hotel through a Japanese website www.jalan.net. The reason were chose this hotel was that a friend of mine has been there earlier this year, and she said she would definitely go back to this hotel when she visit Sapporo in the future. It is only 5 minutes walk from Sapporo JR and shopping areas. Both my husband and I were very impressed with our hotel room, it was small but very comfortable, modern and stylish. The hotel staff could only manage to speak limited English but they are very polite and friendly to us. I love using the hotel indoor hot spring on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Another thing to mention is the hotel breakfast, there were quite a lot of food to choose from. All in all, we really love this hotel and we would definitely go back again when we visit Sapporo again in the near future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

no complaints here. the room was small (only about a foot or two around the double bed but it was clean and functional. the check in staff had limited english but were very polite and helpful. we got a great deal on rakuten travel for 60$ a night or so. (without breakfast). The hotel is easy to get to from the JR station (5 min walk) and the directions (with photos) are on the website. It is really convenient to take the train anywhere in the city.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

We checked in to this hotel for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip in Hokkaido. We didn't check in to the hotel until 11:30pm due to flight schedule. When we got there, the front desk promptly greeted us and checked us in within minutes.

Room was almost brand new but a little small, I guess that's Japan in general though.

Only problem was that with all the staffs we had encountered, only 1 person can actually speak English and it was still minimal.

One thing I love about the room is the bed, it was as good as Westin in North American, nice and comfy.

Even though the price is a little higher among the same hotel class in Sapporo, I will still recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank QLam
australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

We arrived on the bus from Niseko to the other side of the station and even though the hotel does have great online English directions, the station is so huge that the thought of dragging our bags through the complex made us jump in a taxi for a 3 minute ride. We will defiantly stay here again as so close to shopping and an easy walk to the Ice Festival final night. The rooms were very compact - would be a disaster if you had alot of luggage. Extremely clean and new - I think the hotel is less than a year old. The breakfasts were excellent in a well set out room on entry level. On leaving it was an easy walk, because we knew where to go by then (5mins) into the station to catch the train out to the airport. Yodobashi Camera and Electrical store is right around the corner for everything you need and lots you don't!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

Excellent value for money. The hotel is just west of Sapporo station - directions on the hotel's website (in English) is spot on, so check it out before you go. The rooms are small & compact, but clean and you'll find everything you need. That includes amenities like shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair net/clip (at the lobby), toothbrush/paste, shaver, tea, kettle etc. The fridge, though empty, is amazingly powerful for a hotel fridge, so you can stock up on cold drinks. The flat screen TV is nice, but there are no English channels. I rated the quality of sleep as average because the bed and pillow are very hard. If you like soft beds, stay at an other hotel. Also, you can hear faint noises from the train nearby.

Internet is free, but quiet slow. There is a computer at the lobby for guest use, but I didn't try as I didn't want to stand and there weren't must privacy.

I find most of the activities, restaurants and shops closer to Odori station, so if you are one to stop by the hotel for a midday break (or drop off your shopping bags), I suggest a hotel closer to Odori.

Generally, the hotel is great value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank xksb
MY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

I was just back from traveling Japan for a week. I have stayed in 5 hotels during my stay in Japan. Out of 5, Keihan Hotel Sapporo is the best when compare to other 4.

I like this hotel for reason as follows:
* Good location, only 5 minutes walk from JR Sapporo.
* All furniture and amenities are new
* Room and bathrom is spacious enough for hugh size people like me and husband.
* Semi-double room come with 140 cm width bed size makes our sleep confortable.
Unlike other hotel only provide 120 cm bed size.
*Hotel provide free facilities like microware, ice machine, washing machine and dryer.
I did my laundry for free of charge with my own soap powder.
*Room is definitely clean
*Friendly reception staff, and they fully attend all your request with their sincere. Some of them can speak well in english.

I will use this hotel again if I have chance to visit Hokkaido next time.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Kyoto, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

I stayed one night at the Hotel Keihan Sapporo in September 2009. The name of Keihan comes from two cities, Kyoto and Osaka. This hotel belongs to the Keihan Railway Company in Kansai Area.
It takes a few minute from JR Sapporo Station and very close to the Daimaru Department Store. After paying the room charge using a machine, they will hand you the room card key. This key is very useful. You have to use it to take the elevator, enter your guest room and the public bathroom. These mean this hotel is very safe. The elevator is located next to the reception desk. Nobody can enter the guest room’s area without room card key. After midnight, the hotel’s entrance is closed and you have to use the card key to open the door. If you pay 200 Yen in advance, you can relax at the restaurant with drinks from 10 am to 10 pm. You can use the public bath from 6 am to 10 pm and washing machine and dryer in the changing room. If you bring soup, it is free to use them.
You can use free safety box in front of the reception desk. Of course, you can find many restaurants in a few minutes’ walk.
I recommend this hotel to everybody especially who loves cleanliness and safety.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business