“Good value for money!”

Mercure Hotel Sapporo
Ranked #6 of 171 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We are very satisfied with what the room offers for 2 adults and 2 children - 4 beds. Location is very good and the restaurant across the road offers delicious shabu shabu at very reasonable price, less than what we expected to pay. We just arrived today and I'm considering my next trip!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank LChua

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel Mercure is located in Susukino (すすきの), the red light district of Sapporo. The area is bright and colorful and houses many high end restaurants and shops as well as nightclubs. The hotel is located directly across the street from Kani Shogun, an excellent place serving up good crab dishes!

The hotel itself is beautiful and lobby smells great. Service is friendly, with only a minor touch of awkwardness that you will find in many Japanese hotels. The rooms are 'large' in Japanese hotel scale; so don't expect them to be too roomy. It is good enough for 2 for 1-2 nights while you explore Sapporo. The shower is way awesome!

No free parking; but the hotel will discount for the parking just behind it. It's about Y1200 / day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MCTAI
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've stayed at Accor many times in the last few years and I always felt that their properties are great. Until recently my husband and I stayed with Mercure Sapporo, this is the worst Accor hotel we have ever stayed in. I am an Accor club member and we expected better service. The front desk agent who checked us in told us that there will be an extra person charge for the second person. It is 3000 yen per night (USD$38/night) for the same type of room. There is no breakfast or any extra services for that 3000 yen/night. My husband and I stayed with Accor properties many times and this is our first time got charge for the second person. Also it never mentioned on the website or on any confirmation letter. If I knew there is extra fee for the second person, I would not have stayed there.
After check in, I went onto their website (Mercure Sapporo) to double check the extra person fee. It said only 900 yen per night for the extra person. It is way less than what she told me. So I went back to the front desk and verify with them. She said it is 900 yen per night, if I booked 2 people before check in. Since I added an extra person after I checked in, it will be 3000 yen/night. She said the rate is much higher because room attendant needs to go back to the room and put an extra set of towels and bathroom amenities. This is ridiculous. I think they are just trying to rip tourists off.

Also air conditioner was not working properly. I would not stay with them again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen L
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was an excellent hotel. We toured Japan wfor 2 months and stayed at many hotels and this was definitely the best. Clean, great location, free in room Wi-Fi, spacious (especially in comparison to Japanese standards) excellent large bathroom and very comfortable beds. 5-star living for a fraction of the cost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the main street in Susukino, the bright lights look amazing at night b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Pros: Nice comfortable western style rooms. Free wifi in the room. In a great location despite being a business hotel. We didn't try the french restaurant on site but it looked decent and busy.
Cons: none. But don't expect the Four Seasons.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Excellent, well run middle grade hotel. The restaurant is especially good. At breakfast there is a very wide range of Japanese and European food, and local items, of which there are about a dozen, are specially marked. Good quality throughout - and friendly staff. It was a pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: Street can be noisy - choose a high floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TOB_HH
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in August. The rooms are modern, with flat screen tv's, very clean and well equipped with kettles, tea, coffee, a mini fridge and very good bathroom amenities. We had booked 2 standard rooms as part of a package. On arrival we asked if we might upgrade the rooms (willing to pay). There was only availability to upgrade one of the rooms but the staff helpfully suggested we take a corner room which was very large by Japanese standards and perfect for our children and nanny. My husband's and my room was very small and very compact (standard double) but had everything we needed. The staff were helpful and spoke good English. A nice touch was that you could order a basic breakfast in your room for no extra cost (provided breakfast was already included in your room rate or package) - we never made it down to breakfast. The hotel is located in Susukino in the entertainment district so there is no shortage of great places to eat and convenience stores almost next door. Odori park and the ferris wheel are only short walks away. We will be staying again in December and have reserved 2 corner rooms this time.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are very large with a sofa and 2 large singles or could actually be doubles. The stand...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family