“Flower Festival during visit”
Review of Moerenuma Park

Moerenuma Park
Ranked #1 of 394 things to do in Sapporo
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a great park for walking and relaxing. It is a wonderful People watching park that is well used by the local Sapporans. It is also close the shopping and restaurants. It also has music venues and at the time of our visit it had a flower festival going on with many presentations sponsored by companies, it was an amazing display of Floral Artistry.

1  Thank KanoSouthCarolina

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We obtained a 1-day subway and bus pass for Sapporo and headed straight to Moerenuma Park. The park is gorgeous and not to be missed! Some of the playgrounds and sculptures were designed by Isamu Noguchi. Fantastic views at the top of "Play Mountain" and "Mt. Moere". We rented bikes within the park and had the most gorgeous summer ride. It was safe for my 8-year-old daughter since the park is closed to vehicles. Playgrounds for children are dotted throughout the park and my daughter had a field day! We wish we could have stayed longer.

2  Thank hamandjelly
Reviewed January 16, 2013

After I came back from my trip to Moerenuma Park, I shared with the hotel front desk abut my experience & she laughed. It seems that Sapporo citizens know about Moerenuma's desolate & forlorn winter, not the tourists. Here's why: - (1) Strong wind picking up & lifting snow off the ground & into your face so you could not open your eyes, especially if you are walking in a direction that is opposite to the wind, (2) Deep snow that reached almost all the way to your knees. This is terrible if you are not wearing winter boots that reach all the way to your knees. (3) It was almost deserted when I went; the only people I saw were those inside the Glass Pyramid & those playing snow sleigh on the hill in front of the Glass Pyramid. The rest of the park was deserted, well almost. The further you walk away from the Glass Pyramid, the deeper the snow got. So you find your feet suddenly sinking deeply into the snow. I think this is because hardly anyone walks around in winter, so the snow just accummulated & accummlated. Now can you imagine what will happen if you got stuck in the deep snow? Nobody is going to come to your rescue.

I only went to 3 attractions, out of the many there - Glass Pyramid, Moerenuma Mountain & Tetra Mound. I did not manage to go near Tetra Mound because the snow was too deep. What a pity.

If you need to use the toilet, use it all you want inside the Glass Pyramid because once you are outside, there is no freaking toilet in the freezing cold. Oh, all the eateries are closed (!) during winter. So you gotta bring your own food. And bring plenty because one tends to burn more calories during winter. Otherwise, the only food will be the hot potato potage from the vending machine.

19  Thank Harumi18
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I love this park so much, probably the most interesting & fun park I've ever seen. There's a pyramid and a hill to climb, a dome like small hill in front of the pyramid, a glass house to see and small water ponds for children to play with, a nice route for jogging & cycling, huge grass lawn during the summer, soothing wind and a nice view of the surrounding countryside when u reach the top of the pyramid & the hill

3  Thank meiyih
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The building and the surrounding area are both very unique. I will visit it again. There are lots of outdoor activities but you may need a sunny and warm day to enjoy it to the fullest. Arts activities and musical performance inside the main building as well. I spent 4 hrs there.

4  Thank travelmomVancouver