“Great hotel - near train station”

HOTEL MYSTAYS Sapporo Station
Ranked #23 of 169 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here for two nights - if you can get a rate under $130 I would say grab it. Literally 4 blocks from the train station - the lobby is modern and elegant. Rooms average size for Japan - incredibly clean like most Japanese rooms. Books up fast so plan ahead.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jtuchtenhagen
There are newer reviews for HOTEL MYSTAYS Sapporo Station

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We r a family of two adults and two young kids. We had a three twin-bed room. Small room but clean and the mattress a bit too hard. Its very close to the North gate of the Sapporo JR station. About a 3 min walk. There is a Lawson across the street and a yakitori place next door. (We can smell the roasting chicken every night!) Breakfast is good value (1000yen/ per person and 500yen/ per child) with basic Japanese and western foods. The restaurant on the 1st floor "Nihon Ichi" is an izagaya. Seafood not great but good wide selection of different kinds of dishes. The front desk was friendly and English speaking. No problem upon check-in or check-out.

Room Tip: Looks like all rooms r small.....
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of Sapporo - near the main square outside of the train station and a few metres away from the underground shopping center entrance. There's a classy little Japanese restaurant at the bottom of the hotel, plenty of other restaurants and convenience stores around and it's about five minutes onto a train to the airport or elsewhere around Hokkaido.

For the price bracket this hotel is in, it shows a surprising amount of style. The lobby is relatively sleek and the rooms, while the standard small Japanese business hotel size, are relatively clean cut. The staff are typically obliging and efficient and there's a detailed in-house booklet in English that would address most problems.

Worthwhile hotel which is very convenient and punches above its weight given the pricing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My friend and I had a real bad experience with the hotel. All the things went well until we were forced to stay in Sapporo on 22nd September 2013 because flight to Hong Kong was cancelled due to typhoon.

When I told the front desk (at the time my friend was shopping and not back to hotel yet) that the flight was cancelled and we needed to extend one night stay, I saw the calculated look of the front desk. After a while, he told me that the rate would be JPY24,000 (!!!!). My first instance was I hardly believed the Best Western Chain hotel asked for this rate. When my friend was back to the hotel and she made it clear that she did not want to pack and unpack the luggage for one night stay, we then agreed to stay.

We went down to front desk and told another staff that we needed to stay one more night. When the staff checked the rate and was going to advise, the first front desk staff stopped him and told that he already quoted JPY24,000. Then a strange look was on the face of the 2nd staff. Anyway, we paid for this rate.

After we were back to Hong Kong and I clamed down (I admitted that I was in a flurry in Sapporo given my scheduled was distributed), I checked their rates from their official website. The rates are ranged from JPY7,500 to JPY13,000 (the highest!!!) in the month. Of course, I have no way to confirm the rate of 22nd September after I backed to HK. However, I will not be convinced that the rate of 22nd Sept. was the double of their highest rate in the month!!! The rooms next to our room were not even occupied at the night!!!

I only wish that I had a clear mind then and checked their rate on web that night. Ask them to the face why they charged unreasonable high.

I feel rage only and only because they took advantage of our bad luck (flight cancellation and was forced to stay) and cheated. I have no problem to pay for their "normal" rate even it was really JPY24,000.

It ruined my holiday. I can never imagine it was happened in Japan!!! I would never ever stay at this hotel.

Rebecca LOR (26 September 2013)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
15  Thank Rebec L
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is close to Sapporo Train station just only 2 block, also can walk underground from the station (good for havy snow or raining). Room is big enough for family with 3 kids and resonable price with breakfast.

We stayed here for a week and enjoyed this hotel.

Room Tip: corner room has bigger space.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank v_ponlapat
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is steps away from the JR station.

Lots of shops nearby, Lawson across the street.

Did not eat at the hotel, because of so many options nearby.

Rooms are small, standard Japanese hotel size, as expected.

Staff is very helpful and accommodating.

The checkout is early (10am), but they store your bags.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Rooms are tiny and the 10am checkout is terrible. The staff of this hotel are all like robots- no personality or sense of hospitality. Ok if you like that sort of thing but there are too many drawbacks to this hotel to recommend it. Should have stayed at the hotel with bigger rooms and a 12 noon checkout.
10時チェックアウトが最悪、部屋も小ちゃい!だまされないように。。