Lowest prices for your stay
$48
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Booking.com$54
Priceline$46
CheapTickets$48
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean. I was staying in a single room. It is not too small as I expected.
The public bath is amazing after the long walk. Soaking in a hot bathtub is really soothing.
From a Sapporo JR station, take a subway train to susukino station and then walk along the underground mall till you find the exit with Tanuki-koji 4-5-6. The hotel is located in the 6th Tanuki-koji.
Staff here very nice and helpful, though they could not really speak English.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Check R
Reviewed April 7, 2011

This hotel (Dormy Inn and Dormy Inn Annex) is actually not hard to find. It's on Tanuki-koji, the central pedestrian arcade of Sapporo. From Sapporo Station, with a luggage, it's recommendable to take a taxi (show the drivers the written address). What is good about this hotel is that you can drink good coffee for free at the room near the reception. You must also try the onsen and sauna at both of the hotel (main and annex), open around the clock (free). Free washing machine (100 Yen dryer). Perhaps they continue to serve free ramen in the evenings. The morning buffet is also quite good for around 1,000 Yen. Rooms are clean with a proper desk.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Though we had the address, we still managed to get lost thanks to the help of many people who didn't know where it was and just kept pointing at a random direction.
Me and my cousin were wandering around Sapporo with our luggage in the bitter cold for more than an hour. We just felt strange that people there, who seemed to live there, didn't know the way around at all! Just a tip I'm throwing out here. DON'T ASK BUSINESS GUYS. I repeat. Don't. Cause even though they don't know what you're asking, they won't admit it. They'll just point you to go somewhere... anywhere.

It is located under some sort of arcade ( They call it that way) It kind of looks like an outdoor mall with a roof. If you're there, you're on the right location. We passed it so many times and yet the people in the arcade didn't seem to know there was a hotel in the same complex.

Anyway got there, exhausted. And went straight up the rooms. The rooms are small, but clean. Bed was ok, though a bit on the small side. As for the bathroom... It's awesome.
For those who want to have a sento (= japanese bath house) experience, might be very very thrilled about this. They have one! If you don't want to do that, there's a private bathroom in your room. Me and my cousin stayed for 2 nights in this hotel and we went to the sento thing every night. It was just pure bliss, after a long day walking and then to soak up in that large tub of hot water. Of course... in the beginning we were kind of embarassed about going all naked in front of everyone ( it's women and men separate, but still!) But after I saw this granny walking in, flailing her clothes off and just walking in like it was the most normal thing to do... I just got over it and walked in without any clothing. Based on what gender you are, you get a code each day that you have to insert to walk into the sento :p Pretty cool eh?

The staff can't really speak good English to be quite honest, but they put up effort in doing so. I've had this crazy thing going that I accidentally pushed a red button. Yeah I know, very cliché, but the thing was that it opened up alllllllllll the windows on the floor. But you see, it was still February and we were there to see the Snow festival. So I was pretty much making the building turn into a big fridge. So I had to walk up to the front desk, trying to explain to them that I had pushed the red button. It took me at least 5 minutes to explain everything and to tell them to close the windows. Haha.
I did try to push it a few more times, hoping that it would close eventually, but they just opened up more and stopped responding in the end.

It's probably a 5-10 minute walk to Odori Park and I would definitely recommend this hotel. Have some good memories about it.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank JK1717
Reviewed February 10, 2010

This is a very good hotel! Nice and clean. The rooms are small and can sometimes be hard to move about in with 2 people (we had a semi double bed), but if you're looking for somewhere reasonably priced and near the Odori Park, transport and shops etc, this is a good choice!

The hot springs were really nice too! free! Plus, you get free internet (cable in the room).

The staff didn't understand much English, which was fine, because they did their best to help regardless.

The location of the hotel is quite central, but you might have a hard time finding the place on your arrival day, because we asked several locals - but they were basically pointing us in random directions (because they really had no idea). But once you get there, you realise it is not that hard to find.

From Odori Stattion, it is in the 6 sector of the arcade (a long line of shops) - I'm sure if you ask locals where the arcade is, they will know. The arcade is overlooked by a big ferris wheel (but I'm not sure if this is a permanent fixture or a temporary one).

I'd stay here again, I thought it was great.

Date of stay: February 2010